• ...and so much more!
  • Malaggar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Eminence / Monrovia
    Nice

Nice, I have a special place for cool flashlights in my heart. My EDC light is a 4sevens 123'2. Two CR123 batteries, about 4 inches long, 230 lumens on max, 0.2 lumens (like pen-light mode) on moonlight. Then it has from 8 lumens, to 80 or so lumens in between modes, and an SOS, Beacon and (my favorite) 230 lumen strobe mode. I use it as a medic to spotlight house numbers and scenes on 230 lumens, use it to see and general use on the 5-80 lumen modes, and the main reason I bought it was for moonlight mode... 0.2 lumens which works perfectly as a penlight for assessing pupils etc. The strobe would come out in a shooting/self defense scenario also with great effect.

I think everyone should have a good light, especially gun owners... most shootings happen in low vis situations and a good bright strobe is completely disorienting to an attacker.

Malaggar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Eminence / Monrovia
    and another thing...

In regards to fenix, 4sevens being cheap quality compared to surefire.. I have owned and loved surefire tac-lights on my weapons in the military. I will say that my little 4sevens Quark 123'2 is rated 230 lumens out of the front and thus far has performed equally as well as any surefire I have ever owned.... Not to mention moonlight mode was something that I needed as medic for physical exams and only 4sevens offered it, this particular light will run for approx 30 days straight on the 0.2 lumen moonlight mode and works great as a book light etc.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    i am a complete noob when it comes to lights, but malaggar's recommendation of the 4sevens Quark seems to be a great deal. seems like a lot of light for the price point

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I plan on getting a quark AA squared whenever I have some fun money. I already have a inova bolt AA as my edc.

cr123's turn me off quite a bit since their hard to find and uncommon, AA's on the other hand are cheap super easy to find and cost effective.

Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    I plan on getting a quark AA squared whenever I have some fun money. I already have a inova bolt AA as my edc.

cr123's turn me off quite a bit since their hard to find and uncommon, AA's on the other hand are cheap super easy to find and cost effective.

I just got my Quark AAsquared Saturday in the mail. It's an amazing flashlight. Quark AA², R5 Edition 4Sevens.Com.

I'd highly recommend it for anyone. Fit and finish were flawless, hell, I was even impressed with the design and quality of the box it came in. Also comes with some small accessories too. 10 year warranty is awesome too. The fact it can run for a month straight on moonlight mode is awesome as well.

sxshep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I EDC a Fenix P3D, but have been thinking about using that solely for work and EDC'ing a Fenix LD10. I'm a big fan of Fenix lights, and can't justify spending $100+ on another brand that does not have as good of battery life, light output, or as light weight / small size as comparable Fenix lights... all for the sake of "better feel" or "craftsmanship". My P3D has been through hell and back for two years, whether on my duty belt or in my pocket, and I wouldn't trade it for any other light.

But that's subjective... others may have more money than I do, so buy the more expensive options if you please.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I got my first surefire a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE it. the little springy buttons on the lanyard were broken when it came though, I need to call them and have that fixed.

Top Bottom