• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daustin923

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    United States
    I only have experience using my buddy's SA XDS .45. It wasn't for me as I prefer to carry at least a compact size weapon, but i can see it's utility in certain situations. He is a police officer and uses it as his backup weapon. If you are set on .40 by all means get what suits your needs, however I would recommend 9mm after carrying a full size 1911 for years before switching to a G17 for the added capacity and considerable improvement in terminal ballistics with modern 9mm ammo. As a previous poster stated, the most important factor in terminal ballistics is shot placement and the reduction in perceived recoil allows for faster followup shots with effective hits on target. Just my .02 cents...good luck with your decision!

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to add yet more encouragement to shoot them before you buy. If you can't rent, I hope there are some members who would volunteer to let you try theirs. I've have picked up a couple of pistols, thoroughly convinced that having read other folks opinions I knew what would work for me. That wasn't so smart on my part. Everybody is different - really! Barrel is too long - too short. It's real snappy (my biggest mistake). Sometimes you can fix a crappy trigger - sometimes you can't. You'll know when you shoot it. Good luck.

Top Bottom