• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    I have a few conspiracy theories when it comes to springfield armory and american rifleman. I'm not knocking their firearms....but I think there has to be something behind the scenes going on.

Much like the 'muscletech' line of bodybuilding supplements and 'muscle & fitness' magazine....if I remember right, that supplement company actually owned the magazine.... i.e. lots of a free, rediculously over-the-top advertising in large quantities.

Maybe someone can confirm this....

EDIT - Yes, I know NRA publishes the magazine...just curious if SA gives a sizeable donation over what other arms makers give.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    did you see all the Springfield Ads?

Did I also see an "NRA" version of the XD or XDm? That's kind of cool.

Last edited:

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I can put up with the pro-Springfield bias,since the issue also contained a good article on Chuck Norris.Not a long article-but good reading.:patriot:

Milsurp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Indy
    American Rifleman and other gun rags get their revenue from ads. "Reviews" and "awards" are just ads too for the most part. Think of them as a booklet of ads for stuff you actually like, with some interesting articles and recent happenings about your hobby here and there. Nothing else I'd rather read while sitting on the crapper.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    they seem pretty unbiased to me. some companies just have a ton of money in the advertising budget and if they're willing to pay for the space then more power to them. the magazine surely will never turn down someone willing to buy that much space. this is just me assuming of course..but thats how Im seeing it anyway.

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    What's not to like about Springfield? I would have given them the awards too. XD, XD-45, XDm, EMP, 1911.

All except the EMP are reasonably priced and work out of the box, while Glock is stuck in the 1980's. Plus if you shoot .40 you can actually reload your brass and use lead bullets without fear of KABOOM. (But I'm sure the Glocksters will be along shortly to say "Why mess with perfection?" so I'll say it for them... but IMO polygonal rifling and unsupported chambers != perfection.)

The Sig P250 also won an award this year, other that that, the Sigs have looked/been/operated the same for the last 20 years too.

They should award innovation. Smith probably should have got an award for the M&P pistol too.

Yeah, they advertise a lot in AR, but they advertise a lot in all the other gun rags too.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Seeing all the awards spred across the two pages was pretty impressive.

I'm looking forward to reading the personal accounts of the D-Day landings. My grandfather was 82nd Airborne and related some stories to me when I was a kid. He was my hero.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I just got mine last night and finished reading it this morning. I was good read. As far as springfield goes, it would be hard to tell if there is something behind the five awards since 2003. The spread was really good advertising though.

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I got mine yesterday Liked the adds for the Springfields But I would say that they probably throw a lot of money towards advertising and suporting the magizine ??

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hey i'm all about supporting the NRA. Obviously, so is Springfield. I realize they are a gun manufacture, and if they put a squeeze on our guns. It puts a squeeze on their profits. On the other hand, someone has to take the brunt force from Obama and his goons.

Top Bottom