• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Anyone going to the NA Gun Show this weekend? It is at the National Guard Armory. I think my dad and I will stop by tomorrow morning after breakfast.

sedition00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    One question since this is my first gun show. Do you need to have your LTCH to purchase?

I already sent off for it and all, a month ago, just waiting now.
    I'm guessing not since you don't for regular gun store purchases, just wanted to make sure.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    One question since this is my first gun show. Do you need to have your LTCH to purchase?

I'm guessing not since you don't for regular gun store purchases, just wanted to make sure.

Purchasing from a dealer at a gun store is exactly the same as purchasing from a dealer at a gun show. You'll do your 4473, NICS check, pay the tab, and you're good to go. :ingo:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

Be careful buying there. Often prices are too high. You should go though.
    Admission $5 ; kids 12 and under free.

2909 Grant Line Road, New Albany IN
    For info call George 812-498-3833 www.straightshootersenterprises.com

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    We went today. There seemed to be a lot more tables and more people attending than I have ever seen. It was a fun outing for the $5.00 and free parking. As usual with most gun shows, I didn't see any good deals. Most guns were priced $50-$100 too high. Some guns were priced much higher. There weren't any new production guns for sale, like the Beretta Nano or S&W Shield, but I didn't expect to see any.

sedition00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    We went today. There seemed to be a lot more tables and more people attending than I have ever seen. It was a fun outing for the $5.00 and free parking. As usual with most gun shows, I didn't see any good deals. Most guns were priced $50-$100 too high. Some guns were priced much higher. There weren't any new production guns for sale, like the Beretta Nano or S&W Shield, but I didn't expect to see any.

Yeah, I went today as well. Like you said everything was overpriced. Quite a bit of them I could have bought new online a nice bit cheaper.
    Seemed rather small to me, but I haven't been to it before was about 20 tables I guess, was expecting like 100 or so.

sakima

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    NA Show

Agree with items being overpriced.

IMHO, the New Albany show has never been a very good show (in the 5 years I have been here). Not a lot of difference from when TriState Gun Shows did this show regularly in the past. I saw a few of the regular Southern Indiana dealers, but there were some new faces and a lot of old stuff.

Left with most of the $$ I took in:(, but what the heck, better than working!

sedition00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    They had a nice big table of ammo, didn't catch the prices though. Still looking for my 1st handgun so seemed a bit silly to look at ammo first =)
    I'm sure someone noticed the prices though.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :whistle:
    Astronomically HIGH....for what I seen in there....geeeezzzz....:nuts:
    Dude all'a way down on the left ,entrance side had the best price on his stuff I seen....had a RI 1911,new...439.00 bux...some Taurus's,Glocks,etc...fairly priced....

Worth 5 bux ta walk 'round couple'a hrs,I rec'n....:cool:

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I went. Didn't find what I wanted. Checked GunWorld at Corydon on the way home. They didn't have it either. Oh Well, that means I'll have to go to more shows. Darn.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I didn't make it to this show, but I've been to a few run by the show organizer and it seems like it's the same dealers with the same high prices on the same guns at each time.

I know it's their guns and they can ask whatever they want, but I would think the dealers would hate going through the trouble of hauling this stuff around every week and setting up and tearing down their displays.

I don't expect a "steal" every time I go to a gun show, but it would be nice if the pricing on what I was looking for was at least in the ball park of what the gun is actually worth. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks extra to own what I really wanted.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.

I also went yesterday and noticed the same thing. A lot more people and a few more vendors than usual. Not a bad thing. Was expecting the same ol dead show but rather nice to see it pick up. Some ok but not spectacular deals that I've seen was a Glock 20 for $460, Ithaca 37LW 16ga for $225, the new Ruger 10/22 takedown for $339 and the gun case guy 10 for $28 long gun sleeves.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'll admit, I haven't been to a gun show in years, since the days of the $70 SKSs, but is this the norm now for everything to be way overpriced? Is there enough people who don't know any better buying these overpriced guns? Are the dealers there just happy to make their table fee back by selling one or two guns? Looking at it from the perspective of a dealer, why bother going and setting up if nobody is buying your stuff?:dunno:

Top Bottom