• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmebd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I've never been to one of the 1500 shows....only been to some of the CIG shows, which were pretty darn small and ended up not buying anything at all. My question is, I'm looking for AR parts (upper receiver without barrel and possibly a bolt carrier without a bolt). Do these shows have vendors with just parts at them? Also need a charging handle and I'll be set for my first build.

I also have a complete lower that I'd consider trading towards said upper components...does that sort if thing occur up there (trading & pay difference). Sorry for sounding all newbie but that's what I am when it comes to gun shows. Thanks in advance on any schooling anyone can offer on the matter.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I have seen all of those parts at the 1500 before. Keep in mind, that does not guarantee that they will be there at this one with all of the panic buying going on right now.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    These parts were virtually non-existent at the last 1500. There were complete uppers and a few over priced stripped lowers. Nobody that I asked had any bcg's unless you were buying the upper. I would guess this show won't be any different.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The current panic will probably hurt your chances of finding what you want, which is sad as I used to call the 1500 an AR-15 show with other stuff. There used to be many AR parts sellers as well as some of the bigger companies like J&T, Model1, and others.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Welcome!

:welcome: As for the parts, I used to buy from Model "1" sales at the shows and they usually had abundant supplies and large display. That said, I have not been in over ten years, so that may be moot at this point in time. Good luck!

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :welcome: As for the parts, I used to buy from Model "1" sales at the shows and they usually had abundant supplies and large display. That said, I have not been in over ten years, so that may be moot at this point in time. Good luck!

This is where you need to go. At the last show a bought a few components from them.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I was looking for parts too. I found TONS of parts at decent prices. Stripped lowers at $80-$100 / w/cover and bolt assist at $100 - $140 branded (I bought a rock river for $100). BCG at $175 - $250. Lots of handguards but not much from the big names producers.

Well worth the trip this time...minimal crowds and no lines. Dealers willing to deal. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom