• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    In regards to bail bonds. Heres the situation. My friend was arrested in lake county indiana. When I called they said he was being charged with resisting. I said resisting what? I am unaware of any other charges as the jailer said that was the only one. Sooo I called a bail bondsman to see about getting him out, they told me he was held in lake county jail for the city of Hammond and since the city of hammond doesn't follow state law regarding the release of information of bonds to a bondsman they cpuld not be of any help.

I called a few and they all said the same thing. Any input on that?

But more importantly im trying to get him out and do not currently have the funds, so I found this Indiana Code 35-33-8

my question is does ic 35-33-8-3.2 section 1 a and b the word securities can it be valuables instead of cash? Such as a vehicle?

*****Sec. 3.2. (a) A court may admit a defendant to bail and impose any of the following conditions to assure the defendant's appearance at any stage of the legal proceedings, or, upon a showing of clear and convincing evidence that the defendant poses a risk of physical danger to another person or the community, to assure the public's physical safety:
    ********(1) Require the defendant to:
    ************(A) execute a bail bond with sufficient solvent sureties;
    ************(B) deposit cash or securities in an amount equal to the bail;

Thank you for looking and or responding

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is just general legal information, not advice to you or your friend.

He's supposed to go in front of a judge within 48-72 hours. Its a formality. Nowadays, it can be by video. If he has a "court date" he probably has gone in front of the judge/magistrate.

In terms of whether you can put up other forms of security, that's pretty much up to the bondsman. Really, you don't want to do that. It is a huge gamble.

I'm not sure what the bondsman means by not following state law. You may try to go to the AG's office or the state police but, really, the chance of getting anything more than a sympathetic response from state authorities is small. The best advice is to have your friend get the hell out of Lake County. (After the case is resolved.)

Getting your friend an attorney would probably do more good than dealing with the bondsmen.

IMHO.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Hmm I think my question wasnt explained well enough. What I want to kbow is if a v3hcile can be used to pay the jail the bond, not the bondsman. Ive gicen up on bondsman.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hmm I think my question wasnt explained well enough. What I want to kbow is if a v3hcile can be used to pay the jail the bond, not the bondsman. Ive gicen up on bondsman.
    It is up to the court, but I don't think I've ever seen a court accept title to anything as a bond. I've heard about houses and such, but figured it was just urban legend. The hassle value of doing that way would be make it too hard for court staff to keep track.

Better to get an attorney to argue for reduced bond.

Top Bottom