• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    anyone have one, shot one, or heard ups or downs about them. I was considering one due to the design, but with the fairly new release (late 07) I'm wondering if there are any drawbacks. I used to have a p22 and now have a p99 and loved both, and walther seems to produce nice pistols. I just don't want to buy one if they have issues because I'm considering buying it to replace my current carry weapon.

thanks

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I want to own a WWII PP someday. I have a PPK, but don't like it 'cause when I shoot it, if I am not holding it just right, it bites my hand between the thumb and first finger. I keep it because Agent 007 used one. It is as good as any reason for owning a fire arm. Oh, I forgot......I lost it a few years ago in a boating accident.

Please do not going fishing with a firearm.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I want to own a WWII PP someday....

sorry, bro, he's talking about Walther's NEW pistol, the PPS.

I've heard MANY good things about them. How accurate they are, soft shooting, well made, etc etc. I KNOW there is a member or two on here who have one. Hopefully they'll see this thread.

What turns ME off on them is that they're just too skinny for my hands, and, for as small as it is, it's a heavy pistol.

And I think the whole "decock the pistol by taking the backstrap off and flipping this lever, thereby disabling the pistol until it's reassembled" dealio is a turn off.

I really really really want to like the PPS, as I love my P99...just can't do it. We'll see if they ever offer it with the AS trigger...

-J-

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The pistol I want more than any right now is a Walther 99QA compact. I like the Walthers I have shot,and currently one one of the p22's.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    They are great little guns, I have had several and all of them worked well., They can get a little heavy but a good holster cures that.

Silverlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Anderson
    A buddy of mine got one when they came out. I would love to pick one up, he doesn't carry it as often as I would expect but he's 6'2, it's a bit small for him. I on the other hand at 5'9, the gun fits perfectly, the only down side that i noticed putting a few rounds through it was that the DAO takes a little time to get used to, something I didn't ever do since i was just test driving it, i'm sure after 50 to hundred rounds or so, it would feel right.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Walthers, the smart gun owners Glock

I hear they're good as a backup gun to a backup gun if never used/fired

I own a Walthers P99C in 40S&W and found it to be a great gun; high quality at 2/3rd the price of a Glock. Saw the PPS at the SHOT show and it looked like a nice gun.

One day a few Glock owners are going to wake up and realize that there are other lower priced handguns of similar or superior quality out there (example is the Steyr M-A1 in 40 S&W or 9MM under $400) and they have been taken on the "name brand express" all these years. :):

Top Bottom