• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    For those who go to a show just to get a cheaper deal than online/local and complain about parking/admission, the Louisville show isn't for you. Show parking: $6. Admission: $12. Then, of course, gas.
    But, if like me, you go for the spectacle, like the KCR Machine Gun Shoot, or of having the inventory equivalent of masses of gun shops, all under one roof - then this is the ticket. The bloody thing is HUGE. Significantly bigger than the 1500.

Fully 30-40% were old military firearms or stuff like Colt collectors. Tables of nothing but German Lugers ranging from 1800 - 12995 each. There wasn't nearly the same range of flea market stuff that often ends up at the 1500 or smaller shows.

Wore my INGO and had at least one forum lurker from Pendleton recognize it.

For the sake of gauging the direction the market is going, I thought I would jot down a few prices. There were some reasonable deals now.

Cetme's @ 575 & 475.
    Dpms lpk - 75
    Oly ar - 800
    Hiungarian ak side folder 575
    Colt m4 flattop 16.2" 753.
    Sale at one table: all sizes of S&W M&P 9's and the full size .40 - - 439
    S&W mp15 flattop -849
    Century wasr10 - 529
    33 round glock 9mm mag - 39
    Saw 1 short barrelled upper for 375.

Unlike other shows, when they tied my handgun, they asked for my "clip." I started the tell the officer I didn't have a "clip" for my Steyr .40. I did produce the MAGAZINE and emptied the rounds, get this, into a ziplock bag that they initialed and returned to me when I left.

There you have it. Huge. Fun stuff to look at. Got to visit friends in Louisville. The "panic" market is starting to die. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Great report! :thumbsup:

That show IS huge. I went last year just for the sake of going but also to find some AR parts. I picked up an overpriced upper. A couple smaller parts, etc. I was really just walking around admiring the collections on display. (Who's going to pay $10K for a pair of colt revolvers?) Lots of nice stuff! Glad you had fun!

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I was going to go and take the colt revolver i picked up a couple weeks ago to see if i could sell it ...
    But the wife got off work early this am (she works 4am -12 noon) and we went out and spent a well deserved day together ,we don't get to many of those anymore..

It always is a good show :ingo:

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    I went today and always have a good time just looking around. Prices were MUCH better than the last time and the crowd wasn't nearly as bad. Ammo was still, for the most part, stupidly high. I did score a 500rd case of Federal XM193 for $200. That was my deal of the day. And then a guy helped me piece together a Garand trigger housing for a barreled receiver I have for $75. And then I got some oil and other little knick knacks. Was looking for a good deal on a Mossberg 500, but no dice.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Did any one see the table with four Thompsons in FBI cases and the BAR on the table?.....then you should have said howdy to me. That was me set up there.

Top Bottom