• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok, yeah, rediculous and cool look alot alike sometimes. I occationally think a boot gun would be nice so I look at naa's now and then. A couple of nights ago, I run across this:

NAA .22 PUG Mini-Revolver

Basically, it is a NAA .22 Mag with bulled up barrel and night sights:

pug03.jpg

pug04.jpg

Frankly, that is cool. Night sights. Nice.

Would I trust my life on it? Heck no! Would I prefer it in a scary situation over a pencil when behind enemy lines (i.e. college classroom)? Heck yeah!

Frankly, it looks like a hoot to shoot.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I would so dual wield those. My tacticool level would be through the roof!

Do they still make the belt buckle for it? I've always wondered what the reactions would be if you went for a stroll with it.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    I had one, save your money. I went to the gun dealer last year looking for a Beretta 21a in .22. Instead I saw the Pug and the cool factor got me. They are well made like a fine watch, and the cyl removal system is much improved. I bought aftermarket grips for a better hold. Total of about $350 in a gun that has very limited usage. Sold the Pug and bought the Beretta.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I had one, save your money. I went to the gun dealer last year looking for a Beretta 21a in .22. Instead I saw the Pug and the cool factor got me. They are well made like a fine watch, and the cyl removal system is much improved. I bought aftermarket grips for a better hold. Total of about $350 in a gun that has very limited usage. Sold the Pug and bought the Beretta.

That Beretta was also on my mind. How does it do? I have heard mixed things on it. Does it ankle carry well?

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    That Beretta was also on my mind. How does it do? I have heard mixed things on it. Does it ankle carry well?

I've never carried one on my ankle. I found that I'm more comfortable with a round chambered on a 21a as opposed to the 950. Also the .22 has better ballistics than the .25 in the same gun. I bought a stainless 21a this time. The blue ones do seem to rust when carried in a pocket.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My uncle has a 21a in 22lr. I never really liked it much, but that could just be me.

I guess I don't see it as nearly as compact as the NAA. If I go as large as the 21a how much bigger is a p32 which I owned once?

I really was thinking of something that fit into the side of a boot...

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Given the option I might take the NAA .32 as a boot gun. The PUG is (in my opinion) difficult to operate in an emergency. I also (in my opinion) feel the safety notches as a resting place for the hammer is an accident waiting to happen.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom