Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime. Watch This.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    One part of the video that I liked is when he said you can't document the number of non-crimes or times that a crime was diverted by use of a firearm, but without shooting it.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

Wow.. nobody else I know has heard of BNet. Glad to see someone else has. :)

Excellent article. I always love reading about Kennesaw. I was nervous about the verbatim quoting of the then-mayor. ("Next year" would be 1995, btw):
    Stephenson fears the slippery slope. "Next year, I'll guaran-damn-tee you that there'll be another bill broadening the number [and] kinds of guns you can't own." I ask him if Kennesaw's gun law would work in, say, New York City. "I don't know, but gun control don't work in New York City either."
    But I think the author's heart is in the right place...
    Genuine and colorful yet hardly representative, Myers is the first guy out-of-town reporters want to interview. He fits the bill.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    That video is awesome. It's almost miraculous it made in on mainstream television.

Facts are facts. Gun control simply does not work.

I especially like the part where he interviewed the guys in prison.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Kennesaw, the town which should be a model for the nation. I noticed that they did not mention the drop in crime after the "firearm in every home." If I remember correctly, after the first year, the crime rate dropped 86% and was still 76% below the 1984 rate when the article I read was written.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    One of the other forums I am on has had several gun threads, mostly started by non-Americans. What comes up frequently in those threads is that gun bans may decrease gun violence, but other forms of violence has gone up a lot.

Gun control is not crime control
    That's a great way to think about it.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    Truly a good video! One thing I use to argue when people preach gun control is the 1997 hollywood shootout, that was a mere 3 years after the brady bunch got their way

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Some of my fondest memories in college was hosting "2nd Amendment Awareness Week" and telling the lib-tards all these facts. Gun free zones kill people was my favorite quote, really p'd off the dems. Made me happy.

Top Bottom