• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Problem solved my friend!! I just helped a friend solve this same problem!! The spring needs to be loosened. 200-300 rounds of 3" does the trick. We shot 200 rounds through it, and then it was cycling 2.75 NO PROBLEM! The only issue we had was with a magazine that didn't feed properly.

Go buy three bricks of 3" 2.75 should be no problem after that!!!!!

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Problem solved my friend!! I just helped a friend solve this same problem!! The spring needs to be loosened. 200-300 rounds of 3" does the trick. We shot 200 rounds through it, and then it was cycling 2.75 NO PROBLEM! The only issue we had was with a magazine that didn't feed properly.

Go buy three bricks of 3" 2.75 should be no problem after that!!!!!
    300 rounds of 3 inch, will bust my shoulder & bust my wallet:laugh:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If you polish it, it'll do the same thing. Essentially, it's the "100rd break in rule" whereby you blast 100 rds of high brass through your gun until it knocks the sharp edges down and smoothes everything out and loosens everything up.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I pulled the gas block on mine yesterday and enlarged my ports to .090. Also opened up the window in the gas block to make sure no ports were covered.

I'll report back in a few days once I get a chance to test it more. I managed to launch my adjuster detent into the abyss, so waiting on the replacement to arrive.

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    I had similar problems eventually. When I first got it worked like a champ, and then after I decked it out with rails it jammed every time. I had to completely take it apart and adjust the port and everything, it was a long time and frustrating but totally worth it. My saiga is a monster now and by far my favorite gun. It's just a blast to unleash...

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    often times the rail will block the exhaust port behind the puck turning your puck and piston system into a gas shock absorber. If you drill a hole in the rail it'll usually alleviate that problem.

SILVERBACK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    MONROVIA
    Glad to hear you have it running, How many ports did you have and what size were they. Did you have to add any ports or just enlarge them. No auto plug for me, MD ARMS gas plug, still like to shot the 3'' variety.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Glad to hear you have it running, How many ports did you have and what size were they. Did you have to add any ports or just enlarge them. No auto plug for me, MD ARMS gas plug, still like to shot the 3'' variety.
    All I did was drop in the AUTO-PLUG & adjust it when it wouldn't shoot the #8, after screwing down the adjustment, it will now shoot the #8

Top Bottom