• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    I decided that I needed a .22 rifle. I had gone the 10/22 route before and wanted something different. After looking around, I just bought my first gun online. I got a used Marlin 60 with a decent finish and stock for $69.99. After my shipping and transfer, it will have cost me $115.

Here's a pic.
    http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/119381000/ ... 545968.jpg

So what does everybody know about these? My only other .22 rifle was a 10/22 that I traded for my wifes .380. I like that there are no mags to worry about, with the 10/22 mags could get pricey for good ones. For the whole survival/bug out thing I like not having to worry about the added weight of mags. My main rifle it a Romanian SKS for that very reason. So school me folks.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It seems like the Marlin 60 has been around forever. According to Marlin it is the best selling semi-auto .22 ever. I bought one for my daughter a long time ago, and lost count as to how many zillions of rounds we have fired through it. I put an inexpensive 3-9 scope on it and it really is a tack driver.

To get an idea how robust the design is, the manual states not to ever clean it unless the groups start opening up. I can't put any firearm away dirty, but it sure sounds like Marlin is confident in their little rifle's capabilities.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    You will like it i'm sure. It's the first rifle I ever bought probably 25 years ago. I still have it to this day. I can consistently hit a 3" popper at 100 yards with it. I do have a scope on it. Never one bit of trouble, just keeps running like a clock. Good ergonomics and light.

Only improvement could be a better trigger as the one on mine is a bit stiff but for a plinker I've never really considered having the trigger worked on.

Enjoy it as I know I do mine.... :patriot:

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    My parents bought one of these for me as my first gun about 20 years ago now. I could not even begin to think about how many millions of rounds I have put through it. I used to shoot about 1000 rounds a week. I have had one problem with it this year not ejecting the shells all the way and that is the first and only problem I have had.

Last edited:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Have 2 model 60's and a model 20 all Marlins and all bought used. Never Ever had a problem. And I run the 14$ per 550 walmart cheapy stuff.

BTW. There is a really neat ATI Dragunov stock available for the model 60. Im planning to order one. They run about 40$. Looks like great lil upgrade on the extreme side fo cheap.

Top Bottom