• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Bought myself a new pet yesterday! :rockwoot: Its still a baby but was told they grow up to 2 feet in size. I also went to a different pet store today to buy the little guys some stuff and decor and saw another bearded dragon that was about 1 feet in size and it was $10 bucks cheaper...Did I get ripped off buying a baby one for $60 bucks? Its just a hatchling about 4 inches(not measuring the tail) in size :dunno:

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Bought myself a new pet yesterday! :rockwoot: Its still a baby but was told they grow up to 2 feet in size. I also went to a different pet store today to buy the little guys some stuff and decor and saw another bearded dragon that was about 1 feet in size and it was $10 bucks cheaper...Did I get ripped off buying a baby one for $60 bucks? Its just a hatchling about 4 inches(not measuring the tail) in size :dunno:

I've had two BD's, great lizards and very docile and like to be handled as long as you give them consistent attention(get your heads out of the gutter you perverts:)).

Heck no you didn't get ripped off, why would you want someone else to grow your pet? Get it as a baby an do it yourself...They only live about 10 years, so that one that was a foot long already won't be around as long as your baby dragon.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Hairless schnauzer...

VUWKG3E518KLU69AOG.jpg

:):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Eh, bit high, but not bad, especially if he/she/it lives to get a foot long, or so.

Remember, this way you get to own it longer - who knows old that cheaper one is?

Lifespan could well pro-rate your cost down - let's hope it does.

Had an iguana for years, myself... talk about growth... got to be maybe three feet long and meaner than the devil before he died. He used to hang from my bedroom light and just dangle there... got him for free from one of my dad's friends, and he probably wasn't bigger than the palm of my hand then.

Make sure to get a good heatlamp and some spare bulbs and some anti-infectives just in case.

Good luck.

(Post pics sometime if you feel like it.)

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    One of them seem to be more dominant and I saw it bite at the other so I may probably have to buy two tanks soon but other than that they are kinda funny. They would just stare at you and I had one of them on my shoulder last night and it darn near crawled down my arm after about 10 minutes!!! I caught it in time though. I will post pics once I get the habitat looking better.

HCAman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Near Terre Haute, IN

We have 2 here, they are cool creatures. Ours are September babies. We feed them greens, small crickets and mealworms. A friend of mine raises tropical roaches. I know, sounds nasty. but it's really easy to do. He raises enough to feed his full grown beardy, and in the summer enough to sell. AFAIK If they get out of the container, they die within a few hours because of the temp. He tells me that as soon as our BDs are big enough to eat the roaches, he will supply us with food for our BDs. He feeds them dry cat and rabbit food blended into a powder.

If you are not squeamish about bugs, you might want to look into breeding them as soon as your beardy is old enough to eat them...

HCAman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Near Terre Haute, IN
    One of them seem to be more dominant and I saw it bite at the other so I may probably have to buy two tanks soon but other than that they are kinda funny. They would just stare at you and I had one of them on my shoulder last night and it darn near crawled down my arm after about 10 minutes!!! I caught it in time though. I will post pics once I get the habitat looking better.
    Are they roughly the same size? Are they siblings?

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Are they roughly the same size? Are they siblings?

Not sure if they are siblings but both were purchased at the same pet store in the same tank. Was about 4 in the tank and it looked like one of them were dead/sleeping under a rock in corner while the other 3 were active.

I have two that are about the same size but one of them (mean one) is a little bigger about 20%-25% larger in size rough estimate.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Eh, bit high, but not bad, especially if he/she/it lives to get a foot long, or so.

Remember, this way you get to own it longer - who knows old that cheaper one is?

Lifespan could well pro-rate your cost down - let's hope it does.

Had an iguana for years, myself... talk about growth... got to be maybe three feet long and meaner than the devil before he died. He used to hang from my bedroom light and just dangle there... got him for free from one of my dad's friends, and he probably wasn't bigger than the palm of my hand then.

Make sure to get a good heatlamp and some spare bulbs and some anti-infectives just in case.

Good luck.

(Post pics sometime if you feel like it.)

I should have specified that I meant it wasn't a rip off in comparison to the older, less expensive one...Yeah, you are probably right that he may have been able to find one a bit cheaper, but if he lives somewhere that doesn't have a lot of pet shops, the gas alone could jack up the price if he has to travel.

I saw them at PetSmart for either $45-50 and if I hadn't just acquired a Mali Uromastix from a friend who couldn't keep him anymore, one of those cute little long-legged babies may have followed me home (my better half's heart melted as soon as she saw them).

I'll never own an iguana again...If you go more than a couple of days without giving them attention, they forget who you are and freak out when you try to pick them up(from my experience anyway). However, my best friend from high school had one that got to be 6 feet long and was cool as heck...His cats didn't like him too much since they all ate out of the same cat food bowl though.:)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've always wanted one of these. Alas, my wife is too squeamish about these kinds of things so I'm pretty well screwed. I hate you guys. I want one. :tantrum:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Love those dragon's. I used to have a Savannah Moinitor, but he never lived long enough to get huge.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom