• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was pulled over last Feb by one Fishers cop and 4 by the time I was done. I supposedly was driving left of center, but got a warning for not stopping at a stop sign.

I had been to the 1500 that afternoon. This was a Saturday night around 10:30. I had bought a XD40SC and a mag for another gun. I was pulled over coming out of Britton Tavern which is known for being a target of the Fishers PD. I was there for half an hour and had drank a beer or two. So while not being drunk, I didn't want the hassle.

The office approaches and asks for L & R. In the process he sees the mag in the cup well which I had forgot was there and asks if there is a gun in the car. I said three. He is stunned and exclaims "Three!" He asks why I would need three guns in my car after telling me to leave my hands on the sterring wheel. I explained that my Glock 21 is in the console where it always is, I have a Taurus 85 on my ankle and I bought and XD40SC at the 1500 today and it is under the back seat loaded in the case in a sack with some boxed ammo.

Well next thing I knew a second and third and fourth squad car are at the stop. The original officer gets me out of the car. Takes the Taurus off my ankle then retrieves the other two from the truck and takes them to his car. I was asked 10 times why I needed three guns, where I was heading and if I knew anyone on the Fishers PD department that knew me. Same answer each time. Going to my girlfriends, because I just bought one today and no I don't know anyone. He asked for my GF's phone number. He wanted to call and verify that is where I was going. I gave him her number and he called and it went straight to a generic VMX. It was late and she had went to bed and turned off the phone. So the policeman then asks, and this is a good 20 minutes after the origianal stop if he could take my guns just to be safe and I could pick them up at the station Monday. He said it was completely my option, but he would feel better if I complied. Having been drinking I wanted this to end so I agreed. Another 15 minutes pass as he inventories everything and I sign for. Monday morning I am at the station @ 9am and get 12 manilla envelops. 4 for each gun, one with the gun, one with the magazine, one with the round that was in the chamber and one with the rounds that were in the magazine.

Well atleast now I have a better answer if anyone in the Fishers PD knows me.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    epic fail. never just go along with them. but they should do their damn jobs and not treat you like that either! sounds like fishers PD is full of fail.

also OP, you do know its none of their business where you are going right? thats called "fishing". dont answer any LEO questions next time, and you will get home faster and still armed.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Here we go again. :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to peruse my dirty cop stories to see if I can post about violating someone's rights a year ago since I don't have any current stories to post.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I would have told them no. They had no right to take your property. That is some crap. We are gonna take your guns to make you safe. Sounds like a nazi....Safe from what?...I would have told them to throw them in the trunk and watch me drive away...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Here we go again. :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to peruse my dirty cop stories to see if I can post about violating someone's rights a year ago since I don't have any current stories to post.

i commend you Frank for good things you have done on stops. As I would any good officer. this is the first time i have heard this story and these were not just good cops doing heir jobs (if this is true). the fact that this incident happened a year ago doesnt make it any less wrong. it just probly means these cops have been doing it for a whole year because no one has slapped their dicks! ALL cases like this need to be reported immediately. not just on the internet but through formal complaints and through the courts.

im sure theres plenty of current stories that could be posted. thankfully more and more legal gun owners are seeing its best to keep their mouths shut about having a weapon in the car. but every once in a while one lays it up on the dash ;)

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I agree that I should have said no, but the fact that I had drank a couple beers, had just left a bar, have too many damn points on my license which I need to perform my job that I thought that agreeing was my best option at the time.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately, with the drinking part, he probably did the right thing by playing along with the nazi routine. Lucky they didnt start doing the field sobriety song and dance.
    Also lucky he didnt get his weapons back completely disassembled....imagine how many manilla envelopes THAT would have been :)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    the fact that this incident happened a year ago doesnt make it any less wrong. it just probly means these cops have been doing it for a whole year because no one has slapped their dicks! ALL cases like this need to be reported immediately. not just on the internet but through formal complaints and through the courts.

How do we know it happened at all? Was there any follow up with FPD by the OP? The OP has been a member of INGO for 3 months and has likely seen numerous threads just like this one but waits until now to say something? Methinks that there is a concerted effort going on to post as many anti-cop stories as possible to get the membership all riled up.

Kind of like the guy that implied he was "robbed" by the Fishers officer that posts the incident, then all of the sudden says "oh, my lawyer says not to make any more comments about it."

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I didn't read any mention of Field Sobriety Testing or a PBT. Were none given? Odd if they were not given for several reasons. They allowed you to operate your vehicle after the Stop (is that correct) but wanted your guns because of alcohol consumption? I understand the multiple cars for the stop (standard) but odd that nothing else occurred. At least now you have the name(s) of a couple of Fisher's Officers for a Future Reference :rolleyes:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    How do we know it happened at all? Was there any follow up with FPD by the OP? The OP has been a member of INGO for 3 months and has likely seen numerous threads just like this one but waits until now to say something? Methinks that there is a concerted effort going on to post as many anti-cop stories as possible to get the membership all riled up.
    "

:tinfoil:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Unfortunately, with the drinking part, he probably did the right thing by playing along with the nazi routine. Lucky they didnt start doing the field sobriety song and dance.
    Also lucky he didnt get his weapons back completely disassembled....imagine how many manilla envelopes THAT would have been :)

Kind of like the guy that implied he was "robbed" by the Fishers officer that posts the incident, then all of the sudden says "oh, my lawyer says not to make any more comments about it."

Odd to me because that the story didn't contain any mention of the alcohol consumption and operating the motor vehicle :dunno:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

Odd to me because that the story didn't contain any mention of the alcohol consumption and operating the motor vehicle :dunno:

of course not, being field sobriety tested when you admitted you've been drinking doesn't have the drama of the popo taking your guns. :dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

your right. we dont know for sure its true.

but im gonna do my best to make sure that as many people as possible know not to say anything to the police when they are pulled over. and that its their right and perfectly legal.

the guy with the lawyer, well i hope his story is true and we see it on the news and he gets some results and maybe we get a court ruling on the issue.

I think the govt and many police departments policies do enough on their own to rile people up.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was never even asked if I had been drinking. I kept thinking it was coming but it never did. I don't know for sure when they got behind me whether he knew where I was coming from. I left Britton and went east on 141st St then north on Cumberland and turned back west on 126th and was pulled over in front of the condos there on the south side of the road.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I agree that I should have said no, but the fact that I had drank a couple beers, had just left a bar, have too many damn points on my license which I need to perform my job that I thought that agreeing was my best option at the time.

well were you legaly drunk? and if you dont know for sure maybe you shouldnt have been driving? hopefully you dont make future decisions to drive under the influence if so. I dont have any pitty for drunk drivers. I saw on the news about a week or 2 ago how a driver here got hit head on (his fault) and died. no one else died and I cheered with joy! another Piece of **** bites the dust.

so if you were drunk, im sorry you didnt get arrested.
    if you were not drunk then I think you were wronged.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So when is the Fishers Open Carry Extravaganza? Sounds like we need to have 20 or so people drop in on a Starbucks for a latte. And bring cameras. =]

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Odds are a couple of beers wouldnt even make him legally drunk at .08. Unless he is like 95lbs. I know I can drink 4 beers and barely be at that legal mark and that was twenty years and 65lbs ago.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The Insinuation was that alcohol and his presence at the Tavern was the Reason for the Stop. The firearms question came after the Stop. Doesn't seem plausible to me that FST's or a PBT were not given. One other thought, did the GF call and initiate the Stop because she didn't want a visit. Stranger things have occurred because a Spouse or GF dropped a dime out of anger, etc. He'd been at the 1500, bought a gun and then stopped at a bar before visiting GF. That is enough to anger many women. From personal experience when an officer is told that a person has had only having 1 or 2 beers that person usually has had many more. Has to be more of a reason to confiscate 3 firearms and no other police action taken. Car Not Towed, DUI Arrest Not Made. Must be an Incident Report for this Stop to cover the admission of the firearms into the property room. I bet that would be interesting reading :popcorn:

I was pulled over coming out of Britton Tavern which is known for being a target of the Fishers PD. I was there for half an hour and had drank a beer or two. So while not being drunk, I didn't want the hassle.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers

I think it's time for a little math refresher.

That being said, it doesn't seem to add up. I don't get why people that have obvious legal issues choose to come here and spill their guts about it. What good is it going to do? Probably hurt any legal action that they may be able to take. Just like you don't say anything to the police officer don't say it here!

Top Bottom