• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've been chatting with the ATF regarding being able to ship approved suppressors to your door. There are a few hoops to jump through but it's definitely an upcoming option.

Once I get all my ducks in a row, everyone will know. :-)
    I was about to ask you about this as my brother who lives in FL has been in town for my daughter's grad school graduation and he had mentioned seeing places that did it and shipped to various states, and wondered if you did when I was telling him about how much you engage with folks.

My only question is what happens if it gets lost in shipping? Process start over?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I was about to ask you about this as my brother who lives in FL has been in town for my daughter's grad school graduation and he had mentioned seeing places that did it and shipped to various states, and wondered if you did when I was telling him about how much you engage with folks.

My only question is what happens if it gets lost in shipping? Process start over?
    If something got lost in shipping, there would be an extensive search by the shipping company. If there was no recovery, the wait times would still allow you to replace it (checks notes) twenty six times before the standard wait of a year ago.

Just making a joke, but the replacement wouldn't be a problem. I'd file the stamp cost in with the insurance claim and pull it from the registry. Pretty simple.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If something got lost in shipping, there would be an extensive search by the shipping company. If there was no recovery, the wait times would still allow you to replace it (checks notes) twenty six times before the standard wait of a year ago.

Just making a joke, but the replacement wouldn't be a problem. I'd file the stamp cost in with the insurance claim and pull it from the registry. Pretty simple.
    Good to know. Watching where this goes for you as I have a potentially interested party.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can ship to any state now but for approved suppressors, it would be Indiana only.
    So I understand, you would have to ship a suppressor to another ffl in the other state and that ffl would have to do the ATF paperwork?

Just curious, how do some vendors ship to the door in several states? Do they hold an FFL in several states? I know how it works for firearms, and assumed that was similar for suppressors until I saw a site advertising shipping to the door for several states.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    So I understand, you would have to ship a suppressor to another ffl in the other state and that ffl would have to do the ATF paperwork?

Just curious, how do some vendors ship to the door in several states? Do they hold an FFL in several states? I know how it works for firearms, and assumed that was similar for suppressors until I saw a site advertising shipping to the door for several states.
    Yes, that's always been the case. I can only sell suppressors to Indiana residents living within Indiana. If it crosses a state line for a customer, it has to go to an FFL.

I would assume there are multiple FFLs involved for those other companies, but I don't know. I don't have licenses or FFLS to sell in other states, just Indiana.

Top Bottom