• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    I will be moving out of state, but my Indiana permit does not expire for another three years. If I change my address to my new state does the permit stay valid? Or does moving out of state automatically make that permit invalid?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm on my phone and will quote the law later, but it says something to the effect of the SP must be notified of any changes that would change the original status of the application.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    To Florida, I really don't want to have to pay to get a lew license and take a class when I already have a permit. I figured it would, but I was hoping not...

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    To Florida, I really don't want to have to pay to get a lew license and take a class when I already have a permit. I figured it would, but I was hoping not...

It's a wash...

In Florida, you can renew your tags (license plates) for less than $50 a year - every year. Use the money you save on your auto tags and take the required FL class and get the residency permit there.

I pondered switching my plates when I first got to IN, but promptly nixed that idea when the BMV told me I was looking at some $300 bucks for excise taxes...

But since I hold residency in both states, 6 months per year in each, I'm okay to keep my Florioda tags.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    At least your going to FL. My wife keeps saying we should go out to CA to be close to her family. Thats not going to happen. Just look at their state laws. If I remember correctly there is something about not being able to carry at bars, or restaurants that serve booze. Hope your move goes well. Best of luck.

Top Bottom