• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I have a Mossberg M590A1 that I keep 4 rounds of 00-Buck (out of the possible 8). The only problem is that the spring is so strong that it compresses the rounds to the point that the seal on the front of the round opens up. This allows all of those wonderful little white filler pellets to stick to the inside of the weapon. So not only do i have an issue with "sprinkles" in my shotgun I wonder about the reliability of unsealed rounds...

1.) Has anyone had this kind of problem?

2.) Should I worry about the reliability of the rounds?

3.) Any ideas?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Interesting issue!!!

have you tried using a "turkey load" as shell #1, one that is crimped differently than buck shot usually is?

-J-

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    First do you have a follower in the shotgun?
    I have reread your post a couple of times and don't quit understand why this is happening. Your Only getting Four rounds in and the pressure is that high?
    and then your compressing the hull of the shell so tight that its breaking the crimp?
    You need to disassemble the gun and get the spring out of it and see if there are any other obstructions in the tube. There is difinately something wrong there.
    If you in the Indy area drop me a line I can take a look at it as well as replace the spring if it truly is the problem.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I can fill the entire mag and it will feed like a dream. The weapon is brand new and I think that might be the problem. I took it apart but there is nothing in the way. I am in the indy area.

Top Bottom