• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Trying to get a few specs on the MMR...basically if the barrel is a true 5.56 NATO chambering and whether the receiver extension is Mil-Spec or Commercial.

I don't trust Mossberg tech support much. They told me it (stock) was Mil-Spec, but after telling me it was chambered for 5.56, I was told it couldn't shoot .223....only 5.56... wwwhhhhhaaaaa?!

Just researching this rifle only, yes I know a PSA, M&P, ..... would be a "better" rifle. I'm "probably" picking the Mossy up as a first AR, just looking for some first hand experience as Mossberg tech support isn't much help..

Oh, I had sent them an email quite some time ago. I asked about their 10 round models whether the rifles were different and if they would still accept 30-round mags.

"Santa" told me, "yes, this models will used the same clips as the AR10, DPMS, and the magpul clips."

:) :) :) :)

WTF? Really? I'm sure this is great for business.

How can any company justify using tech support like this?

Last edited:

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Stock is commercial. It is chambered in 5.56. It is a decent gun for the money, but much better can be had IMO. I would honestly recommend building, especially your first. It will let you learn the rifle, spend less money, and have a better gun. This is coming from someone who bought an MMR as their first AR and sold it less than 6 months later so that I could fund my build.

Check out Radical Firearms for an upper. Then get this lower from PSA:Blem PTAC TAC-15 Complete MOE Lower - Black - $149.99 | Slickguns

So you'll have $150 for a complete lower, as low as $280 for an upper, add a BCG/CH for $100, and you have a complete rifle (sans sights and a magazine) for $530.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Much appreciated, and points taken. Plan is on the Mossy and ssslllooowwwlllyyy build one but not set in stone yet either way. Thanks again.

Oh, price wise Buds has the MMR for $500. This is with sights (rail, non flip-down), a fixed stock, and a 10 round magazine. It has a dust cover, no forward assist.

Hard to find much info on the Mossys different models

10 or 30 round mags
    fixed or adjustable stock
    sights or "optics ready"

This is for the tactical version anyway...

But yah, not 100% decided yet.

Last edited:

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    The money spent on a mossy will build you a much nicer rifle.

I handled one at a LGS and unless something has changed the fit and finish was almost the worst I have ever seen.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    The money spent on a mossy will build you a much nicer rifle.

I handled one at a LGS and unless something has changed the fit and finish was almost the worst I have ever seen.

Wow, this goes against everything I've read but haven't personally held one. What was it that was the worse you'd ever seen. Truth about guns review was pretty good....I've seen it recommended over the m&p sport even.
    I'm ar new so don't doubt you but want more on this...worse you've seen in what way?

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    If you can fondle one and compare to other brands side by side and it looks good, go for it.

Something may have changed from the time I handled one about 4 months ago.

Top Bottom