Mosin 91/30.. Accumounts repro PE scope question.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuckk1225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Tekonsha
    Hey guys, I'm Charlie, and I had a question.. I'm not entirely sure as to how to word it, though, so.. Bear with me, if you would please.

back awhile, for my 18th Christmas, I got a Mosin Nagant 91-30. However, thanks to my eyes not cooperating with the sights, it hasn't gotten much use. The bore seems to be really really good (though I admit I'm not an expert.) but anyway.. Last night, in an attempt to get more use out of the rifle, to make it a DMR, AND to give it a "second kind of cool" factor, I had a moment of compulsive Internet shopping and bought a reproduction PE scope from accumounts.com. Now, I know I'll need the bolt bent (even though I don't yet know where or who to contact to get that portion done.) Seeing as I don't know of any independant gunsmiths in my area, though I'm sure there are some, I was thinking of taking it to the local Gander Mountain and having them install the mount and scope, since I know I'm not competent enough to drill and tap the reciever myself. Maybe I'll do a PU rifle down the road, and I'll take a crack at it then.. For now, anyway, I know I need professional help.

SO, my question: what are your thoughts of taking it to Gander? I've heard they're just "parts changers", but never done any buissiness with them myself. If I do take it to Gander, is there anything I should pass along as far as special instructions goes?
    image.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom