• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    So, I'm tired of hunting Dubois Ridge in Yellowwod State Park!

The beginning of squirrel season we got 1, maybe 2 squirrels a trip, and just recently the last few times we came home empty handed. We walk in, sit down for nearly 30 - 60 minutes, and don't see nor hear a thing. I'm thinking the area is too heavily travelled for there to be any game in the area, not to mention DNR decided to cut down a good 1000 trees or so before the season opened.

So, with that said... I heard Morgan Monroe State Forest has a ton of squirrels but I have never hunted there. Does anyone know of a nice trail / ridge / pull of area that might be worth trying?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    They are all over the place. I found three different spots just driving around slowly with my windows down. MMSF is loaded with squirrels.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I've hunted Morgan Monroe pretty much since I moved to Indiana.

One place that is easy to get to and has a nice fire trail to walk is off of Bryants Creek rd.

Take 37 out of Martinsville about 6 miles and turn left onto Bryants Creek rd. Follow the rd about 1 mile till you cross a small creek bed. You will see the beginning of the tail after you cross the creek. You can park on the left just past the gate.

If you pull up google earth you can see alot of the trails. They go all over those woods.

Top Bottom