Monsanto and Autism - Half of all kids by 2025?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMG-ZOMBIES

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Steve,
    I did not read every post here, but in many you refer to glyphosate as an organophosphate. Many moons ago while I was in research, glyphosate was not an organophosphate. When did this change? How could it change? Is it just because organophosphates are truely dangerous to humans so lump it in with the scary compounds? Just wondering, this is an old tired post I know.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Steve,
    I did not read every post here, but in many you refer to glyphosate as an organophosphate. Many moons ago while I was in research, glyphosate was not an organophosphate. When did this change? How could it change? Is it just because organophosphates are truely dangerous to humans so lump it in with the scary compounds? Just wondering, this is an old tired post I know.

Foreword: About The Merck Veterinary Manual: Merck Veterinary Manual
    Organophosphate compounds such as glyphosate, glufosinate, and bensulide are broad-spectrum, nonselective systemic herbicides.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1932861
    Impact of an organophosphate herbicide (Glyphosate) on periphyton communities developed in experimental streams.

CRD | General | Concerns About The Use of Glyphosate
    In pure chemical terms glyphosate is an organophosphate.

Glyphosate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Definition of GLYPHOSATE: a systemic organophosphate herbicide C[SUB]3[/SUB]H[SUB]8[/SUB]NO[SUB]5[/SUB]P used to control herbaceous and woody weeds especially on croplands

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Steve,

By chemical formula, glyphosate is an organophosporous compound, so the term is not wrong.

Organophosphate in common use usually refers to organophosphates with cholinesterase activity.

Organophosphate is technically correct, but glyphosate is different than the other compounds in that class that are used as pesticides.

OMG-ZOMBIES

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    I stand corrected, although we only referred to organophosphates as the class of insecticides that that impacted the nervous system. I suppose things have changed in 30 years. I now see how to increase my post count, if I only knew how to put in those little animated things.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I stand corrected, although we only referred to organophosphates as the class of insecticides that that impacted the nervous system. I suppose things have changed in 30 years. I now see how to increase my post count, if I only knew how to put in those little animated things.

The rule is for every smiley, you have to make one page-long post and one link to a YT video with a gun exploding. Harder than it looks.

Top Bottom