• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wish I would of seen this 3 days ago when I placed an order there.... I got my 2 boxes though, this stuff is perfect for backyard shooting with the lever gun.

Jon

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hmm, I don't have a bolt .22, so I guess not much point in me getting these. All my .22s are semi-automatic suppressor hosts.

Anyone know if they generate enough pressure to cycle a semi action with a can on it?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hmm, I don't have a bolt .22, so I guess not much point in me getting these. All my .22s are semi-automatic suppressor hosts.

Anyone know if they generate enough pressure to cycle a semi action with a can on it?

Cannot comment on the can part, but my 10/22 will not cycle these.
    Jon

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Cannot comment on the can part, but my 10/22 will not cycle these.
    Jon

I was just Googling around a bit. Doesn't appear that it does. CCI released a CCI Suppressor round, running 900 FPS with a 45 gr bullet for suppressors apparently, to acheive that.

So, I guess I'll sit this one out and let my bolt action owning friends get some rounds. :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I have not seen them cycle any Semi-auto with or without a can.

They are great for teaching smaller kids to shoot though.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I was just Googling around a bit. Doesn't appear that it does. CCI released a CCI Suppressor round, running 900 FPS with a 45 gr bullet for suppressors apparently, to acheive that.

So, I guess I'll sit this one out and let my bolt action owning friends get some rounds. :)
    Their Standard Velocity is subsonic. It runs great in my 22s with the suppresor.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up, I got a couple for a bolt action. I usually get the Remington that clocks at 1050 fps instead of the CCI offered here that clocks 710 fps. Perhaps a silencer would add enough back pressure to cycle the action on a semi auto. The remingtons are selling for $50 for 500 vs the current deal of $30 for 500 rounds of the CCI. Worth a try.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee

Well crap! So much for getting ammo for a future 1st can on a semi auto. :rolleyes:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    FWIW, the CCI Quiet reliably, but gently cycles my Reising semi-auto pistol. It is an old gun that requires standard velocity ammo, since that was all that was available back when that gun was designed. Considering that the springs are probably a bit weaker with age now, the CCI Quiet is a good choice for such guns. I haven't tried it in my pre-Woodsman pencil barrel yet, but that is on the agenda.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This ammo is pretty much quiet enough without a suppressor that you do not need hearing protection with it in any gun. That is why I like to use it when I take my granddaughters shooting.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I purchased some of this a month or two ago for about the same price OP paid, next day price went down about $10. I use it for plinking and squirrel hunting, its quiet enough that I don't need hearing protection. It won't cycle the action in my 795, but it runs reliably overall with them.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Thanks. I got my 2 bricks. This will work great in the Cricket my girls use when visiting their Grandpa. Being a single shot it should last them a little while. :)

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Doesn't cycle my suppressed Ruger 22/45 Lite but I ordered my 2 boxes and am now looking to get a Savage MkII FV-SR :)
    If the ammo was a common purchase, it's a shame you can't get a lighter spring to use in the Ruger, it would be easy to change out in seconds.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If the ammo was a common purchase, it's a shame you can't get a lighter spring to use in the Ruger, it would be easy to change out in seconds.

Yes, I've thought about this quite often since I can't get my Walther P-22 to run on ANY subsonic ammo. No one that I know of makes a lighter spring for it and I don't want to make any permanent modifications. :(

Top Bottom