• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    It's gotten to the point where residents in Falmouth Massachusetts are organizing to try to deny the local police force's acquisition of evil black rifles.

Over 300 Falmouth residents signed a petition for the town to dismantle and destroy the police department’s surplus weapons rather than trade them in, said the Rev. Deborah Warner, who created the petition.

And then a little further into the article it really comes out as they don't want the police to have any at all.

“Unless people are under the delusional belief that these officers are going to keep these weapons for the rest of their lives, they will end up in the public sector,” he said.

Duby, as well as Warner, said local law enforcement officials could purchase the guns legally. They could then re-sell them to people in states where AR-15s are legal, or to a gun dealer who would then sell them out of state. That scenario could potentially put them in the hands of someone dangerous.

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    It's gotten to the point where residents in Falmouth Massachusetts are organizing to try to deny the local police force's acquisition of evil black rifles.

Over 300 Falmouth residents signed a petition for the town to dismantle and destroy the police department’s surplus weapons rather than trade them in, said the Rev. Deborah Warner, who created the petition.

And then a little further into the article it really comes out as they don't want the police to have any at all.

“Unless people are under the delusional belief that these officers are going to keep these weapons for the rest of their lives, they will end up in the public sector,” he said.

Duby, as well as Warner, said local law enforcement officials could purchase the guns legally. They could then re-sell them to people in states where AR-15s are legal, or to a gun dealer who would then sell them out of state. That scenario could potentially put them in the hands of someone dangerous.

I mean picture of that "lady" from the article explains it all

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    They're not disarming the police. It sounds like they're just trying to prevent the department trading in their old weapons. Because those guns tend to get sold to civilians later.

I don't agree with their position. But they're not delusional or wrong about where the guns will end up.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    As I understand it..
    They want the police to be able to buy the AR-15s, but not to sell them back for better deals on the new arms.

Dangit, ninja'd

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They're not disarming the police. It sounds like they're just trying to prevent the department trading in their old weapons. Because those guns tend to get sold to civilians later.

I don't agree with their position. But they're not delusional or wrong about where the guns will end up.
    They're still delusional if they think it will make a difference. They're trading in 20 rifles. 20. TWENTY. Think about it.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    They're still delusional if they think it will make a difference. They're trading in 20 rifles. 20. TWENTY. Think about it.
    The way they're carrying on, you would think that the police dept is going to unload a couple of hundred crates of rifles on various street corners throughout the state.

Opposing trading them into an FFL who would abide by every federal, state and local law under penalty of law is the definition of tilting at windmills.

At the end of the article, they mention raising money in order to buy them back from the gun shop to destroy them.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    And criminals or anyone else can get them elsewhere. It reminds me of the Archie Bunker "Would ya feel better if they was pushed outta windows?" line. Apparently the ladies would feel better if the next Cymbalta Shooter got the gun from Bud's instead of Kiesler's.

But I understand what's at play. They just don't want the gun to come from THEIR police department. It's the "Bloomington Farmers Market Ladies" thing. These are the kind of ladies who think selling 20 guns "contributes to the normalization of gun ownership," etc &c, which they want controversialized at all possible costs. Look at the pictures, and you know you're dealing with crones/harpies/karens.

They'd be picketing Kavanaugh's house, if they lived in his neighborhood.

If the Police would raffle the guns, that would be better than a BJ.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Ok granted I did not read it just knee jerked a reaction.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom