• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    I have been trying to find details about this rifle I was recently gifted, but not finding alot out there. Figured I might have the best luck here. It has Mashburn Arms on the barrel and appears to be in .250 Savage. Looks like a mauser action, with a model M1905 on top? Also has a set of double triggers with a Mannlicher stock. Would anybody have more information on this rifle? Are they collectible or probably better use a deer rifle? Appreciate any advice or history you can share!

0R4Ghb3.jpg Mqs3ZUM.jpg Ur1sTdW.jpg ErfmrpM.jpg

Last edited:

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    from what I can find, Mashburn seemed to be a fairly well regarded gun smith out of Oklahoma, making mostly nice bolt actions in interesting calibers.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Looks like a real piece of junk. I’ll give you $100 for it.

In all seriousness, I don’t know what it is, but it’s gorgeous! Take it out and shoot it. Some of those older “sporterized” rifles when done correctly, are real shooters.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Looks like a real piece of junk. I’ll give you $100 for it.

In all seriousness, I don’t know what it is, but it’s gorgeous! Take it out and shoot it. Some of those older “sporterized” rifles when done correctly, are real shooters.

Good deal, might be able to get me two boxes of 9mm :laugh:. The craftsmanship is pretty neat, it has alot of character along with some nicks. The scope mount bases look unique though so I might have to look a bit to find them. Never shot 250 savage before and looking forward to it!

Top Bottom