• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I couldn't find this story on here which surprised me. If it already posted feel free to delete this one.

I heard about this on Guntalk. I will certainly avoid staying at Marriott Hotels.

Less than a day after gun rights organization Grass Roots North Carolina (GRNC) put the Marriott hotel chain on its “Don’t Buy” list, input to Marriott is coming in from around the country. After National Gun Rights Examiner David Codrea, Seattle Gun Rights Examiner (and Senior Editor of “Gun Week”) Dave Workman, and Knoxville GRE Liston Matthews followed up on this writer’s original piece, anti-Marriott postings began appearing on gun forums such as The High Road nationwide. (Also see David's interview on "Trigger Sports Live").
    As you recall in yesterday’s article, the Charlotte Marriott City Center first took the money of hundreds of NRA conventioneers staying at the hotel, plus nearly $10,000 for GRNC’s “Gala for Gun Rights” held at the hotel and then, on Friday night, when events were in full swing, made inadvertent criminals of conventioneers by posting “no firearms” signs on hotel entrances. In North Carolina, carrying firearms in areas where a “conspicuous notice” banning them as been placed is a violation of N.C.G.S. 14-415.11(c), punishable as a Class 2 misdemeanor.

Full Story

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Intercontinental Hotels Group (Holiday Inn) is better anyway. :D;)

When Spasmo and I went to Appleseed in April, Lars and Pami were staying at the same Indigo Hotel (an IHG hotel) as we. There were a few glances as the four of us walked into the lobby with a small arsenal of rifles and pistols, but no signs and no manager getting bent out of shape. :thumbsup:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    When Spasmo and I went to Appleseed in April, Lars and Pami were staying at the same Indigo Hotel (an IHG hotel) as we. There were a few glances as the four of us walked into the lobby with a small arsenal of rifles and pistols, but no signs and no manager getting bent out of shape. :thumbsup:
    Haha.. That was fun, walking right by the desk with all those gun cases. I don't think anyone even raised an eyebrow.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Haha.. That was fun, walking right by the desk with all those gun cases. I don't think anyone even raised an eyebrow.

I had a few glances, but I think it's because I kept running into things with that giant case for the BAR Safari II. :):

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Another +1 for Holiday Inn. Got their Priority card for traveling for work. To my knowledge, they have no corp. policy against self-defense. Most Holiday Inns are franchises, so local policies may exist.

I've never had a problem, and they are a popular chain with hunters and sportsmen.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does your hotel have a written firearms policy?

No it doesn't, and the thought of one is ridiculous. As we are providing folks with a type of temporary residence, the same laws apply as they do in your home.

I was training a new front desk agent once, and I was going over the safe deposit boxes behind the desk. I explained how we hand the guest the box and allow them to fill it in private if they wished. He asked "but what if they put a gun in it?" I said "it doesn't matter, as you'll never know-- they can put a pound of Coke in there and you'd never know, that's the point." He then said, well I'm NOT going to take one if they put a gun in it, because that's dangerous!" I held my tongue on the 'firearms are dangerous' part, and explained that he will take it no matter what, because I said so.

Later training his replacement was much more rewarding. :D

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Since hotels routinely sell off and buy other hotel properties, the Mariott you're boycotting this year may be a Comfort Suites or Holiday Inn next year. The only hotel we have routinely stayed at when visiting Chicago is one in Rosemont. It's changed hands three times since we first stayed there in 1998, despite the fact that it is a very nice hotel. A friend who had reason to know once told me that hotels change hands about every seven years on average.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The way this originally occurred was so slimy. They told the NRA people down for the big convention that they were okay with guns. Then after the NRA people had arrived and paid for their rooms, out come the signs. So you are now suddenly breaking the law. All the other hotels are full and you are stuck there. What do you do?

Top Bottom