• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    I have an old marlin model 60 that i am having problems with jaming on me is there anyone on here that could tell me what could be causing the issue i tore it down a while back and fixed a broken extractor and it ran much better i have tried a few things to get it to work ive used grease instead of oil which helped for a couple hundred rounds of cci ammo only. Ive even tore it apart and polished the bolt and stuff on it thinking it may have been causing a little hang up it acts like the new round is cycling in faster than the old round comes out because sometimes the spent round doesnt even make it completely out of the chamber before it is jammed. is it possible that the spring in the tube is causing the issue. or anyone have any other ideas what to try i have gotten very good at taking it apart just dont know what other parts could be causing it to jam. I know the rifle isnt worth much but it was one my grandpa bought my dad and was then passed to me so it has some sentimental value

old style if that makes a difference

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Just as a starting point, I'd closly inspect the chamber for damage or filth from that nasty .22 lube.

This will require a tiny dental mirror or equivalent.

Good luck.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just as a starting point, I'd closly inspect the chamber for damage or filth from that nasty .22 lube.

This will require a tiny dental mirror or equivalent.

Good luck.

Mine used to shave some lead and pack it up around end of the barrel when the bolt went into battery. I had to use a dental pick to get it all out of there. Keep at it - you will figure it out. It is worth the effort.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    its not extracting quick enough the new round is cycling in quicker than the old round is coming out

and thanks for the info guys i will try that tonight when i get home and see if it helps i usually keep my guns pretty clean but i will see if its maybe something i have been missing dont usually shoot alot of lead though

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Very common problem on a .22 rifle that has had the pi$$ shot out of it. Pull your barrel and look for the extractor cutout ramp to the side of the chamber. You should notice a burr in the ramp area all the way up to the the opening of the chamber. Polish this ramp area out and remove all burrs. The burrs near the chamber face will cause failure to extract issues.

If you hadnt replaced extractor I would have also added that to the to do list after polishing extractor cutout in the barrel.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    The only hang ups on a Model 60 I've ever had we're fixed by a very thourough cleaning (like with a tooth brush on ever part of the internals).

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I will third the detailed cleaning. I have a 75C that is basically the same thing, and it started to jam up and misfeed on me quite a bit. I cant remember the part,something broke in the action. I replaced the broken part, and cleaned everything with a copper wire brush. a good lube job, and its going fine for the last 10 years for me.

baldwina

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2013
    United States
    I have a model 60 and it will mis-feed/not extract if I use the round nosed lead bullets. If I use copper plated hollow-points it runs fine without an issue.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I own a M1 model which is a M60 with different length barrel, and stock. Uses the tubular feed for ammo. Mine sticks open now and then, or the double feed issue. I took off the stock, and generously used carb cleaner and toothbrush. After removing heavy gunk, used Rem Oil, and wiped off excess.
    Ammo sensitive is true. Jacketed bullets seem to go no problems. Cheapie lead- so/so. The softer lead gets dinged on feed, creates a double feed.
    Brother in law has a M60, he bathes his in WD40, and wipes off excess. Keeps shooting.
    My preference is clean and lube as above, save the WD40 for fishing poles.

Top Bottom