• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • __Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Is there anyway we can organize the market place better? Specifically Parts and Accessories

The idea would to have long guns and handgun categories in the parts section, much like the long gun and handgun forum is.

Sometimes you want to just look for rifle accessories and you have to go thru 2 pages of glock magazines just to see a rifle part. I dont see why this isnt already a thing because it makes sense. INGO isn't afraid of subforums.

Edit::
    I would also suggest a forum pruning in marketplace. There are threads from 2008 in there that are obviously outdated. There isn't any real reason to have threads in the marketplace older than 6 months or even 1 year at max. It would also reduce the database size.

Thanks!

Last edited:

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Edit::
    I would also suggest a forum pruning in marketplace. There are threads from 2008 in there that are obviously outdated. There isn't any real reason to have threads in the marketplace older than 6 months or even 1 year at max. It would also reduce the database size.

Thanks!

I believe these are kept for price comparison sake.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I believe these are kept for price comparison sake.

I could understand that, but if we're honest with each other price comparison doesnt matter on here, especially in todays market. Prices will fluctuate bi-monthly. Trying to compare 5 year old prices is ridiculous.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I am guessing the answer most people will give is because this is a forum with a classified section. The classifieds are just an added bonus, not the focus of the site.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    thats not an excuse to be unorganized

Too many sub forums is a nightmare to moderate and leads to less organization because of it. Next someone will want both the rifle and pistol accessories divided further into more sub forums, like an AK accessories forum and an AR accessories forum. Then someone will want to break those down further into mags, stocks, sights, optics etc.

If you're looking for something specific for your rifle(s), search is your friend.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Too many sub forums is a nightmare to moderate and leads to less organization because of it. Next someone will want both the rifle and pistol accessories divided further into more sub forums, like an AK accessories forum and an AR accessories forum. Then someone will want to break those down further into mags, stocks, sights, optics etc.

If you're looking for something specific for your rifle(s), search is your friend.

"" Too many sub forums is a nightmare to moderate and leads to less organization because of it. Next someone will want both the rifle and pistol accessories divided further into more sub forums, like an AK accessories forum and an AR accessories forum. ""

I think you're thinking too much into this. I wouldn't look so far into the future. Asking for one subforum break up isnt as crazy as making a subforum for every item and accessory firearms related. The marketplace is broken up into Handgun and Long gun once, what makes it different in the accessories category? You dont see people asking for AK, AR, S&W or Glock specific forums in those categories do you? I'm sure you've seen the landing page of the forum and you've seen how many subforums exist. To say more subforums == more chaos doesnt make sense. If that was the logic of INGO, INGO Advertisers - Support Our Sponsors wouldnt exist as it does today.

""
    More subforums cause more moderation problems""

Get more moderators ( it's not like they are being paid. Active members willing to moderate are a dime a dozen )
    Get more active moderators
    Get more organized as a [staff] unit

"""If you're looking for something specific for your rifle(s), search is your friend.""

This would be great if A) people labeled their topics correctly and provided keywords to be searched (e.g of typical thread ThreadTitle: MISC AR CLEANOUT) B)search was 100% accurate and C) results are relatively recent in date

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side

This would be great if A) people labeled their topics correctly and provided keywords to be searched (e.g of typical thread ThreadTitle: MISC AR CLEANOUT) B)search was 100% accurate and C) results are relatively recent in date

I know Advanced Search can search entire posts, I've never bothered to look further into the "basic" search.

I think Armslist has all the features you're looking for, especially since the classifieds here are a perk of participation, not the focus of the site.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I could understand that, but if we're honest with each other price comparison doesnt matter on here, especially in todays market. Prices will fluctuate bi-monthly. Trying to compare 5 year old prices is ridiculous.

Since you're not paying for server space here, why does it matter so much?

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I know Advanced Search can search entire posts, I've never bothered to look further into the "basic" search.

I think Armslist has all the features you're looking for, especially since the classifieds here are a perk of participation, not the focus of the site.

Armslist is a joke man. I dont come to INGO for the marketplace alone. I'm just trying to make it easier to navigate. Again, it being a "perk" is no excuse for it to be the way it is

Since you're not paying for server space here, why does it matter so much?

Im assuming because youre a "supporter" you are paying for the server? So regular member have zero say in the community? Nice elitist thinking

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have to agree with bobbittle, Armslist is much easier to refine your search quickly, and every transaction I have done on armslist has been good.
    In fact you will find a lot of INGOer's use AL.

But I also believe that Doc has a valid point, our classifieds section could stand some improvements, mainly the "pruning" of the classifieds, to get a real market comparision, we don't need to compare prices from more than a year ago. Anyone who is in this hobby knows the market.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom