• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Anybody know if it's possible to fit Magpul AK handguards on a VEPR 12? Next option would be the Chaos keymod handgards, but I'd rather run the Magpul if I can. Thanks in advance!

Sheenerbean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I have not tried it yet because I'm under the impression that since the V12 is essentially an RPK standard AK spec furniture will not fit(upper handguard might). Of course, I can't say for sure.

If your open to a more traditional look on your V12 check out russiansurplus.net he usually has a small selection of wood/poly VEPR compliant furniture.

ill look closer at mine when I get home and see what I can figure out

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    depending on the country most can be modified to take standard ak furniture there is some variance in the thickness of the rear (tang) and its needs to be thinned a little because of the thicker receiver (the outside diameter is the same as a standard 1mm ak generally) seen plenty of rpk's cut down into akm clones wearing stock akm furniture oversea's the main difference is because the rpk was a light support weapon so the handguard was that it was given more material to protect your hand from the heat.... personally i dont have any of the magpul stuff so i cant say for sure but at least with the stock stuff its achieveable but now that i think about it i believe Wabbit is running a Vepr with magpul furniture

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Reps inbound for anybody who can link me to unfinished RPK handguards. My Googlefu is AWFUL tonight. That, and I have a list of go-to AR part websites. Not so much regarding AK variants.

Top Bottom