• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNRA Scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    East Central Indiana
    It's always nice to find something that you had hidden away.
    Just happened to go thru one of my dresser drawer last night. Found a package wrapped in a Wal-Mart bag. Felt heavy :dunno:. Scored an unopened VALUE PACK of Federal .22's LR. :D
    Damn, you would have thought I had found a $50.00 bill! Strange how a brick of .22's can make a person happy knowing 5 months ago most of us never saw the .22 ammo storage coming. Plenty was on the shelves for under $20.00 a brick. :ugh:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We were not all surprised. I'm sitting on just over 8k rounds of .22Lr.

I still don't want to shoot much of it right now. Not at least until availability improves.
    I still shoot, but these days I've been using a single-shot falling block action for plinking. It keeps my mind on the task at hand, and helps prevent waste.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Cool just did the same thing in the garage.. my boys used to burn thru a brick in about an hour and I had bought some .22's and I checked the other day and in the drawer I found 4-550 round bricks behind the paint rollers.. ( they were camouflage for the bullets).. I thought I was down to some cci's and handful that went thru the washer..
    I found some 7.62x39 at the Marion dunhams and they had several spam cans of 7.62x54 and 20 paper wrapped packages...

RSW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    It's always nice to find something that you had hidden away.
    Just happened to go thru one of my dresser drawer last night. Found a package wrapped in a Wal-Mart bag. Felt heavy :dunno:. Scored an unopened VALUE PACK of Federal .22's LR. :D
    Damn, you would have thought I had found a $50.00 bill! Strange how a brick of .22's can make a person happy knowing 5 months ago most of us never saw the .22 ammo storage coming. Plenty was on the shelves for under $20.00 a brick. :ugh:

You did find 2 fifty dollar bills. Just knowing you have it is better than the fifty.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    well if i woudl have hidden mine from myself, maybe id coud get that lucky to. since i didnt, and didnt see the shortage of today, thats why im kinda low.

FNRA Scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    East Central Indiana
    GRANTED, there are plenty out there that saw it coming. Been there, done that.
    wink.gif

There were times we (me included) might have an extra $20 or $50 in the wallet and thought, "I'll buy some next week. It's only 22's..."
    Oh well, live and learn.

Glock4life

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Elkhart, IN
    I just buy in bulk when I find good deals so I can keep my two key rounds over the 1,000 mark each. .... Some bird shot, heavy goose or turkey loads, and some 00 or 000 .... Lastly about 1000+ mixed bulk/target .22lr ammo.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I know I'll feel that way when I finally find that package of Raven hardware that I've misplaced... *Sigh*

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    All the whining about no .22LR prompted me to do an inventory of my stock. Little over 15,000 at this point. Still finding stuff, sloppy house keeping.

NastyNate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Reelsville
    I was in my local walmart today and there were spam cans of tulammo .223 in abbunce fir 154.00. The mgrs from the walmart distribution center said there were 2.1 million rds being sent out of that one center this week.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I may be wrong, but I think .22lr will take the longest to be readily available. I am using what I have somewhat sparingly, but still shooting.

Dave

Top Bottom