• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I'm filling out the online application for the LTCH. Am I required to give them an email address and employment information? That is, will they process the application if that information is not provided?

Additionally, the question that asks if I have had a previous handgun license: Are they referring to an Indiana license only, or license from any state?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm filling out the online application for the LTCH. Am I required to give them an email address and employment information? That is, will they process the application if that information is not provided?

Additionally, the question that asks if I have had a previous handgun license: Are they referring to an Indiana license only, or license from any state?

Is there some reason why you don't want to give them an e-mail address and employment information? If you don't have e-mail (although you apparently do) or are unemployed, just enter "N/A". Leaving one or both blank would probably slow down, if not kill, your application. If they didn't want the information, they wouldn't be asking for it.

I should think that the question about previous licenses is talking about any state, since it doesn't specify a previous Indiana license.

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Is there some reason why you don't want to give them an e-mail address and employment information? If you don't have e-mail (although you apparently do) or are unemployed, just enter "N/A". Leaving one or both blank would probably slow down, if not kill, your application. If they didn't want the information, they wouldn't be asking for it.

I should think that the question about previous licenses is talking about any state, since it doesn't specify a previous Indiana license.
    I don't see how my email address and place of employment have any bearing on whether I should get a handgun license and none of my other firearms licenses require that information. I honestly can't even recall if any of the others even ask for employment.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't see how my email address and place of employment have any bearing on whether I should get a handgun license and none of my other firearms licenses require that information. I honestly can't even recall if any of the others even ask for employment.

I don't think that either one of them fall under the heading of "sensitive information", do they? They aren't asking for your bank account numbers or the PIN for your ATM card. If you want an Indiana LTCH, fill out the form. If you don't want to, forget about it.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If you filed taxes, they already know where you work; not like its privileged information. Just give it, and speed up your application time. Technically, the whole LTCH application process is unnecessary, given that the Constitution guarantees our right....but if you're willing to overlook that and fill out the application, I don't see what the hang-up is on giving them information they'll already have or at least be able to get easily if they wanted it.

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    The question is whether the information is optional. Can someone to speak to that who knows the actual answer? I couldn't find anything when looking.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield

I asked the same thing when I filled mine out as I had a license from a different state. When I spoke to the ISP the person responded that it was in reference only to Indiana.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Noob question. Are LTCH and Concealed Carry pink card the same thing?
    The "pink card" that you mention is the LTCH. Indiana issues a LTCH (License To Carry Handgun) not a CCWP (Conceal Carry Weapon Permit). In Indiana you may carry as you choose.

We now return you to the OP thread.:D

I'm not sure but i would think that everything asked would require an answer. If it not listed as (optional) then I would say it is required. Not answering would probably delay the process as previously mentioned. Just as mentioned before as well, they already know most of the answers theyare just wanting the answers from you.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    The "pink card" that you mention is the LTCH. Indiana issues a LTCH (License To Carry Handgun) not a CCWP (Conceal Carry Weapon Permit). In Indiana you may carry as you choose.

DOH! All I had to do was reach in the wallet and look. First words, LICENSE TO CARRY HANDGUN.

:D Carry on good sirs!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    DOH! All I had to do was reach in the wallet and look. First words, LICENSE TO CARRY HANDGUN.

:D Carry on good sirs!

Don't forget, though, that they are not all "Personal Protection" licenses. Indiana also issues a "Hunting and Target Practice" license, which only allows you to transport unloaded handguns to and from a range or hunting area. (Why anyone would get one of those I have no idea.)

Top Bottom