• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    My wife wants to install a new gas range hood (we need it). The installer tells us the distance from the bottom of the pans (top of the grate) to the top of the opening for the hood (bottom of the cabinet) must be at least 29 1/2 inches. Ours measures a bit less than 29 inches.

It's a Fotile hood, and the dimensions are fairly particular. (Marked A on the diagram)

install.JPG

Is it possible to install closer to 28" rise? Or is it possible to use lower profile grates to increase the distance between the cooking surface and the bottom of the cabinet?
    I would be a bit hesitant to mess with the height of the grate over the burners because CO.

We need something that vents to the outside, traps grease and has a fairly high CFM rate. The internal hoods just don't hack it.

Any ideas for this dilemma, INGO folk?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My wife wants to install a new gas range hood (we need it). The installer tells us the distance from the bottom of the pans (top of the grate) to the top of the opening for the hood (bottom of the cabinet) must be at least 29 1/2 inches. Ours measures a bit less than 29 inches.

It's a Fotile hood, and the dimensions are fairly particular. (Marked A on the diagram)

View attachment 306816

Is it possible to install closer to 28" rise? Or is it possible to use lower profile grates to increase the distance between the cooking surface and the bottom of the cabinet?
    I would be a bit hesitant to mess with the height of the grate over the burners because CO.

We need something that vents to the outside, traps grease and has a fairly high CFM rate. The internal hoods just don't hack it.

Any ideas for this dilemma, INGO folk?
    Can you just mount it higher up to get your fire code measurements?

Lpherr

Occupied
    The exhaust portion on the top states min. 15", max. 29". Is it adjustable, or can it be trimmed to fit? If either, that's where to make up the difference.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The exhaust portion on the top states min. 15", max. 29". Is it adjustable, or can it be trimmed to fit? If either, that's where to make up the difference.
    We're going to consider a different brand, maybe the specs will be different. I'm not entirely sure the installer had this right.

Or shortening the cabinet may be the route to go.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Take the cabinet down and have it cut to fit after the vent has been installed. Face frames remove easily and any woodworker with panel bit and a stile n rail bit can remake the doors to fit.

Top Bottom