• ...and so much more!
  • billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    So i got denied for my lifetime LTCH because of 2 civil cases back in 1991 and 1995, i have had a permit in the past (13yrs ago) and have never had these come up before on any back ground check didn’t even realize they where on my criminal record, but they are! So if anyone has been in this situation before and can give any advice on Do or don’t do i would appreciate it. Its not until middle of May but would like to be prepared for any questions that may be asked. Thanks

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    Get whatever official copies you can of these incidents & just explain the facts at your hearing. Be prepared to explain why they weren't included in your original application. Assuming these aren't disqualifying events, they will have you write them in on your application and then have you sign and date them then approve you. Hope this helps. It took me a whopping 5 minutes at my hearing to get approved.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Get whatever official copies you can of these incidents & just explain the facts at your hearing. Be prepared to explain why they weren't included in your original application. Assuming these aren't disqualifying events, they will have you write in them on your application and then have you sign and date them then approve you. Hope this helps. It took me a whopping 5 minutes at my hearing to get approved.

:wow:
    First hand, concise, and sound advice... It's the "Unicorn of INGO!!!!"

Rep'd!

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    Get whatever official copies you can of these incidents & just explain the facts at your hearing. Be prepared to explain why they weren't included in your original application. Assuming these aren't disqualifying events, they will have you write them in on your application and then have you sign and date them then approve you. Hope this helps. It took me a whopping 5 minutes at my hearing to get approved.
    A friend said basically the same thing, it was while i was at Ft Benning Georgia young and stupid. Thanks

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I seek clarification: can one be denied for CIVIL small claims issues? I assume that's what this is. Not check fraud, but just not paying a bill, which would make it, as the OP indicated, a civil case.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I seek clarification: can one be denied for CIVIL small claims issues? I assume that's what this is. Not check fraud, but just not paying a bill, which would make it, as the OP indicated, a civil case.

I've never heard of it...but small claims cases can turn into to proceedings supplemental to collect a debt, then if you don't appear, that can turn into an order to show cause and that (if you don't appear) can turn into a bench warrant.

...or they may be criminal and we have a language issue.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've never heard of it...but small claims cases can turn into to proceedings supplemental to collect a debt, then if you don't appear, that can turn into an order to show cause and that (if you don't appear) can turn into a bench warrant.

...or they may be criminal and we have a language issue.
    Okay. I thought as much, but you never know.

Top Bottom