• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If Lars didn't bring it up I was going to.

DEFINATELY get the book. Its a great reference piece for all the questions that you've come up with. It only takes a second to find your answer. I keep one next to the computer to keep my "internet commando" skills sharp!

Book is $25 and can be purchased at any 1500. Bryan or his wife will probably be the one handing it to you.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Ok. What if I am pulled over and I am carrying. What should I do?

I am of the opinion that one should be polite and compliant and refrain from adding unnecessary chit-chat. Do not offer un-solicited information, do not withold, or otherwise obstruct investigation by defiently claiming a need to speak to an attorney. That is simpley asking for trouble.
    << just my two cents >>

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I can't believe nobody has recommended this yet....

GET TRAINING.

Even if it's just a basic NRA pistol course. I've been to four different classes in the last five months, and they've all at least touched on basic legal issues, "what if" scenarios, etc. And if you have questions (general or specific), the instructor can likely answer them or tell you where (nicely) to find them.

Next to the $25 for the handbook mentioned previously, the money spent on quality training is well worth it.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    +1 on the book. Read both the First Edition (blue cover) and the current edition (red cover). I reread mine several times a year. I understand the Indy Library has these available. Most of the questions asked in this and similar posts are answered in these books.
    Also, +1 on Pami's suggestion to get training. If you want to start with the basics, Eagle Creek pistol range has several NRA instructors on staff. I'm sure they would all want to help you.

LoveMyRuger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Southside Indy
    +1 on the book. Read both the First Edition (blue cover) and the current edition (red cover). I reread mine several times a year. I understand the Indy Library has these available. Most of the questions asked in this and similar posts are answered in these books.
    Also, +1 on Pami's suggestion to get training. If you want to start with the basics, Eagle Creek pistol range has several NRA instructors on staff. I'm sure they would all want to help you.

I bought three copies at Elmore's in Greenwood (no shipping required). Also, great NRA training at Jim Heath's.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    How much is it (ball park) for training?
    It depends on who, what, where, when, why.
    Runs the gamut from $60 for a few hour class to $3000+ for an intensive 4-day training.

Locally, most trainings will be in the $100-$200 range for an 8 hour class. If you look through the Tactics & Training forum on this site, you'll see several training classes and facilities that have been heavily advertised and/or commented on.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    PS... if the training includes a shooting portion, expect to add in ammo costs, as well; usually around 300-500 rounds of ammo, sometimes less, sometimes more.

Top Bottom