Looking for a specific self defense case.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm looking for a self defense case in IN. But my google-fu is weak today.

This to the best of my recollection are the facts to it, hopefully it will be enough for someone to remember the name.

A guy shoots another guy, but the guy lives. Shooter is charged and convicted. Shooter gets out of prison. Shooter and shootee run into each other at a park, I believe but not positive it was at a festival or fair. Shooter makes threats and says something about how he is going to finish the job, the goes for something inside his jacket. Shootee fearing for his life draws and original shooter becomes new shootee and dies. Police show up and the only thing the dead guy has in his jacket is cigarettes and lighter. The guy gets charged and convicted, appeals up to the IN supreme court and the conviction is overturned. Does that ring a bell to anyone?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was doing appeals for the AGs office starting in 98 through 2004 and nothing like that came through during that period.

Plus, doesn't ring any bells - and it is a crazy enough fact pattern that it would be memorable! I'll do a little internet archeology on it, too.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I was doing appeals for the AGs office starting in 98 through 2004 and nothing like that came through during that period.

Plus, doesn't ring any bells - and it is a crazy enough fact pattern that it would be memorable! I'll do a little internet archeology on it, too.
    Thank you both.

And yes it is a crazy story. If I hadn't read the opinion I wouldn't have believed it myself.
    Unless I dreamed it, I would say hallucinated but those days are long long long behind me.

Top Bottom