• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Probably someone who knows the answer will know what it stands for, but all the same......once again without Acronym and with punctuation?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    STOP YELLING AT US, WE CAN HEAR YOU WHEN YOU TALK NORMAL

You're not going to find an "NFA Trust Lawyer in IN". NFA trust is a sort of made-up term, there are no lawyers in IN (that I am aware of) that specialize in NFA trusts. There are many trust lawyers in IN that may or may not be familiar with NFA laws. I wouldn't trust any of them.

There is one lawyer however that IS familiar with NFA laws, and he makes trusts. He is licensed in FL, and he practices in Florida, but he has a network of trust lawyers in other states that can legally practice law in those states. He forms the trust for you, forwards it to his lawyer in your state, and that lawyers checks the trust over to be sure it is legal etc, and then he sends it to you. This lawyer is David Goldman at Apple Law Firm, go to NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog :: Published by Florida Gun Trust Lawyer David Goldman to check out more. The cost is very reasonable and turn around is less than a week (vs. waiting forever for your average in-state lawyer).

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Not sure if he makes Trusts or not, but you could look up Bryan Ciyou

He's well versed in gun laws.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    STOP YELLING AT US, WE CAN HEAR YOU WHEN YOU TALK NORMAL

You're not going to find an "NFA Trust Lawyer in IN". NFA trust is a sort of made-up term, there are no lawyers in IN (that I am aware of) that specialize in NFA trusts. There are many trust lawyers in IN that may or may not be familiar with NFA laws. I wouldn't trust any of them.

There is one lawyer however that IS familiar with NFA laws, and he makes trusts. He is licensed in FL, and he practices in Florida, but he has a network of trust lawyers in other states that can legally practice law in those states. He forms the trust for you, forwards it to his lawyer in your state, and that lawyers checks the trust over to be sure it is legal etc, and then he sends it to you. This lawyer is David Goldman at Apple Law Firm, go to NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog :: Published by Florida Gun Trust Lawyer David Goldman to check out more. The cost is very reasonable and turn around is less than a week (vs. waiting forever for your average in-state lawyer).

NOT a good idea in my opinion. Not trying to be a jerk just disagree. You have no direct contractual privity with the reviewing in state lawyer in the event of error and David Goldman is not licensed to practice law in Indiana.

These are not areas to take chances on a curbside consult by a lawyer you don't know. No better off than having a guy at the burger king drive through whip one up. HE doesn't have any lawyers in other states he just uses boilerplate forms and supposedly has the "reviewed" for accuracy. This is risky in my opinion. Why pay an out of state lawyer not licensed in Indiana? Just get someone local who carries malpractice insurance in your state. If it is called out on the carpet for legal error down the road you likely will have no recourse against the preparing party if using an unlicensed attorney for your state. I would suggest calling Brian Ciyou and if he can't do it I am sure he will refer you. That way you know you are covered by malpractice coverage in case something is missed.:twocents:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    A lot of people use the D. Goldman, but your trust is written up by him (as this is his primary scope of practice) and sent to a lawyer in your home state for review (it was my understanding he has quite the network of lawyers across the country. I met a guy this weekend whom used Mr. Goldman and explained how this process worked for him.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Ashkelon is giving some good advice; you need to have a contract with a lawyer licensed to practice in Indiana. Otherwise you may not have recourse if your trust isn't done correctly.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    NOT a good idea in my opinion. Not trying to be a jerk just disagree. You have no direct contractual privity with the reviewing in state lawyer in the event of error and David Goldman is not licensed to practice law in Indiana.

These are not areas to take chances on a curbside consult by a lawyer you don't know. No better off than having a guy at the burger king drive through whip one up. HE doesn't have any lawyers in other states he just uses boilerplate forms and supposedly has the "reviewed" for accuracy. This is risky in my opinion. Why pay an out of state lawyer not licensed in Indiana? Just get someone local who carries malpractice insurance in your state. If it is called out on the carpet for legal error down the road you likely will have no recourse against the preparing party if using an unlicensed attorney for your state. I would suggest calling Brian Ciyou and if he can't do it I am sure he will refer you. That way you know you are covered by malpractice coverage in case something is missed.:twocents:
    WTF are you even talking about? Are you even familiar with the Apple Law Firm process? It doesn't sound like it to me. Maybe you shouldn't weigh in on things that you're not familiar with. ;)

To address the issue pointed out by the above, this is 100% legit. My trust is from ??? (can't remember the name) law firm in Mishawaka, but it's been copyrighted by Apple Law Firm in FL. Sure seems to me that I can fall back on ??? Law Firm in Miskawaka, they put their name right on the trust, and I have the envelope that they mailed it to me in with their return address on it, and their letterhead inside explaining the trust etc.

Are you saying that I still wouldn't be able to pursue them for malpractice if something was amiss? I think you're sorely mistaken.

BTW, for malpractice to even be an issue you have to show that they were negligent or knew they were making an error. That's pretty dang tough to do so malpractice is nearly a moot point anyways.

slars1327

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    SPEEDWAY AREA
    Hi Buckeroo just a fyi some folks can't see very well and need to use caps in order to see what is being sent online. I knnow alot of people get upset about the caps thing but sometimes its a needed evil by some.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Hi Buckeroo just a fyi some folks can't see very well and need to use caps in order to see what is being sent online. I knnow alot of people get upset about the caps thing but sometimes its a needed evil by some.
    Actually, it's much more difficult to read something written in all caps. That is why a lot of people complain about it. There is absolutely no reason to use it, and it is often used to emphasize things as if the person typing was actually yelling. All-caps writing on the net means that you're yelling what you are writing.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Actually, it's much more difficult to read something written in all caps. That is why a lot of people complain about it. There is absolutely no reason to use it, and it is often used to emphasize things as if the person typing was actually yelling. All-caps writing on the net means that you're yelling what you are writing.

It is easier for me to read and write in caps but some ppl just dont understand. I have trouple seeing the small type

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It is easier for me to read and write in caps but some ppl just dont understand. I have trouple seeing the small type
    What browser do you use? If you have problems seeing small text, firefox has an add-on for "HiVis" text.

HiVis Large is part of the Access Firefox project. It is designed for people who have problems seeing normal-sized icons and text. It is also very helpful with 24-inch iMacs.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1459/

No need to punish everybody that has problems reading all caps just for a few people that struggle with smaller text, especially when there is a fix for the smaller text.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I went through guntrust lawyer (apple law firm) in FL also. They do the initial trust there and then send it to an IN lawyer that they work with. The guy that they work with is out of Mishiwaka. I have nothing but good things to say about these guys. I will awnser any questions you have. Just PM me.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    WTF are you even talking about? Are you even familiar with the Apple Law Firm process? It doesn't sound like it to me. Maybe you shouldn't weigh in on things that you're not familiar with. ;)

To address the issue pointed out by the above, this is 100% legit. My trust is from ??? (can't remember the name) law firm in Mishawaka, but it's been copyrighted by Apple Law Firm in FL. Sure seems to me that I can fall back on ??? Law Firm in Miskawaka, they put their name right on the trust, and I have the envelope that they mailed it to me in with their return address on it, and their letterhead inside explaining the trust etc.

Are you saying that I still wouldn't be able to pursue them for malpractice if something was amiss? I think you're sorely mistaken.

BTW, for malpractice to even be an issue you have to show that they were negligent or knew they were making an error. That's pretty dang tough to do so malpractice is nearly a moot point anyways.

Very well. Good thing you know it all. Go ahead and continue to bask in your all knowing glory. A boilerplate copyrighted trust form that is widget generated as opposed to specifically tailored is EXACTLY what you need.

Top Bottom