• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Like the title says looking for someone that does custom leather work in NWI.

I want to have a custom stock cover made for a lever action rifle.

I have found a couple of really nice places to mail order them from, but I want something that would not be standard and would rather be able to have a face to face with the leatherworker to make sure we would be on the same page.

So hopefully we have a member that does leather work or does anyone know of a shop half way close to me?

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Depends on what your price point is. Custom projects are not cheap.

I have been looking at Gunstockcover.com. He has alot of nice covers for under $100 dollars. The only thing I want custom above that is, I want one for my Rossi 92 which has a crescent stock but I want it made flat so I can shoulder it more comfortably. I need to see if they can make one with some kind of rubber or foam to fill in the crescent shape.

If not looks like I will have to do some custom woodwork on the stock and make it flat then have a cover made for it, but I hoping to leave the stock alone.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I have been looking at Gunstockcover.com. He has alot of nice covers for under $100 dollars. The only thing I want custom above that is, I want one for my Rossi 92 which has a crescent stock but I want it made flat so I can shoulder it more comfortably. I need to see if they can make one with some kind of rubber or foam to fill in the crescent shape.

If not looks like I will have to do some custom woodwork on the stock and make it flat then have a cover made for it, but I hoping to leave the stock alone.

Ah, I see. Pretty sharp inside curve, but one could easily make that flat with additional leather to fill in to fit the curve. Just some additional layering needed.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Nate at yellow dragon design is awesome. He is a friend of mine. Not real close to you but he's around Kokomo.

Top Bottom