• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amyh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I am new to this forum and I just wanted to say "hi". I currently work for a food storage company, but I will not say who, as I don't want it to cloud my posts. But if anyone has any questions about them, I know the companies out there pretty well and would be happy to help. I also have been preparing for a while now, and can share any other info I have come across as well...

Looks like a great board, I am looking forward to getting some good info!:)

amyh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I am sorry, I did not mean to step on any toes, which is why I did not mention the company that I work for. I'm not advertising. I just wanted to share information for those that are looking into food storage, as I know it can be overwhelming.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Feel free to share info with us! We welcome it. The more people there are that are knowledgeable on a topic the better off we are. I'm always interested in learning more about long term foods. You can never know enough and you might have some new info for us.

amyh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I have been storing food for over 50 years....burp.

Wow! I bet we could learn some things from you! Whats the oldest food you have stored, that you opened up to try?? We canned some at an LDS cannery 12 years ago and starting to open them to test to see how they are. Some seem to be hit or miss.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    yeahhhhhh... when you open up a can of corn that you think says 2012.. and it really says 02.. problems arise. mostly of the intestinal variety. big fan of freeze dried food.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I am sorry, I did not mean to step on any toes, which is why I did not mention the company that I work for. I'm not advertising. I just wanted to share information for those that are looking into food storage, as I know it can be overwhelming.

Sorry your first post here tells us you sell freeze dried food...my bad. I would guess you did not mention the company because that would be a violation of the terms of service for most sites. Please feel free to share.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Wow! I bet we could learn some things from you! Whats the oldest food you have stored, that you opened up to try?? We canned some at an LDS cannery 12 years ago and starting to open them to test to see how they are. Some seem to be hit or miss.

Look out! You better duck!

Nevermind. I see it went right over your head.

I thought that would be a close one.

Whew!

:laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Ditto

I have Mainstay 1-2-3 day bars stashed in multiple places along with the water they have

I have some of those and some new fruit flavored ones for the kids.

Millennium Energy Bars $2.49 each

These 400-calorie food bars are an important source of energy in a severe emergency or disaster. They are US. Coast Guard approved and have a 5-year shelf life. They also work great for camping or hiking trips.

Features:

9 delicious flavors
    5-year shelf life
    US Coast Guard approved
    400 calories in each bar
    Convenient compact size

Indiana Camper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Westfield
    +1 on mre's and calorie/emergency bars. I've changed up what I carry several times. I used to have some "home made mre's" consisting of spam or tuna packet, ramen noodles, etc. I went to Moutain House meals after that. Finally I realized in a true emergency situation away from home sitting around cooking is the last thing I want to be doing.
    Now I have some type of ration bars and a a few broken down mre's. Breaking down the mre's saved quite a bit of room.
    I do make sure I have some type of metal container, currently a canteen cup, for boiling water or cooking if I need to though.

Top Bottom