• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjh78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'm new to IN, moving to Pike Township about 5 months ago. I've found the range at Eagle Creek Park which is great for pistol, and I know I can take a shotgun there too, but where is there a good range for rifles? I'm thinking 100 yards etc to sight in my new .308, or just have some fun with the AR-15.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Welcome!

Not sure on long gun ranges close. I know Indiana Gun Club is NW of Indy somewhere but don't think its 5 minutes. More like a half hour. I believe there are others up there too...just not 100% sure what they are. Someone will be along shortly I'm sure.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    There is a range out toward brazil i frequent called Proteq. they have a website and some stiff rules (all common sense any way..they just get enforced.) cost is 20 a year. Has a covered shooters area with rifle benches, work benches. If you ever thought of reloading get ahold of Don and talk to him. he got me goin on reloading and is really willing to help and even has loaned equipment to fill in for what i was missing till i got what i needed. its about an hour drive, but it has ranges out to several hundred yards. anything from 7 feet on out. metal gongs, secluded setting and pretty much hassle free if youre not being an idiot. Don runs the place with an iron grip but it is in his "back yard" (hobby farm). great guy very helpful, and they have several ranges there. the cowboy action range is coming along nicely, and the LE range looks nice as well. place is clean and the folks i run into are genuinely friendly and out for a good time...not out to be a pest. There is also linden sportsmans club. they are more set up for the never ending skeet shoot/shotgun stuff. if thats your fancy they have it to offer, as well as a nice pistol range and 50/100 yard ranges as well. both ranges arent 15 minute close but i live in pike township on 86th street and they are about an hours drive. but then again ....the range is my church and my zen so a little drive to blow off steam and a nice range session does wonders. linden is about 15 minutes south of lafayette and Proteq is just about 10 minutes north of 70 on the brazil end. both are nice. and both are the only ranges i would even consider being at. there is a DNR range out in new castle, but i have had way too many morons, idiots, ass h*les, and the like out there to bother with it any more. guy dropped a shoddy looking home made ak and i dodged a round at my feet...just my experience - shooter beware.
    I hear Camp Atturbury has a range but i know nothing more on that one. I avoid Dons on 38th like the plague. way too much trouble to be found there...if the usual customers dont rob you the prices at the store will.
    Just my 2 cents. your mileage may very.

rjh78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Great replies thanks. While I live in Indy I work in Lafayette so I can see fitting a trip to Linden. Appreciate the time that went into that last post.

Top Bottom