• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Hey guys. I am looking for a box I can keep my 2 glocks in to mount or securely stow under the drivers seat of my jeep. My main issue is I would like to be able to remove it and put in a different vehicle if needed (as I have 2 jeeps). Any recommendations for a box that can be tethered and secured under a seat? I know about the boxes made for jeep seats but that requires taking the seat out to install which is something I don't want to do when I chance vehicles for obvious reasons.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This could be the best solution, you can secure it with a steel cable to the fram of your car (great to use in hotel rooms or anywhere else too).
    They make larger ones for larger guns.

935593.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    If you are going to a place that does not allow carry or need to leave it in your vehicle for whatever reason.... I drive a jeep with a soft top and soft door uppers so not the most secure vehicle in the world...

@dieselman - its one of the 3 I asked about above. They all look completely identical. I cant tell a difference. Im gonna go with the stack on because Walmart has it for 20$ and free ship to store. Best deal.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    guessing you never owned a jeep with a soft top?

OP: depending on your fab skills, would weld a retaining loop on the under seat box and chain it to the seat frame.

you're correct.. i'd never waste the money :D
    but in all reality don't the have glove boxes? and ihh go ahead and lock it under your seat and see if someone doesn't just snatch the box and the gun?

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    My glove box doesnt lock in my main jeep. Plus, its to easy to pry open in the one that does. I am actually planning on buying a couple of those boxes, one for under each seat, and then welding chain on em AND using a bigger cable. Ill probably do a little reinforcement work to them as well.

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I have the center mass ones in my cars, they will work to keep a gun from a smash and grab, but it the burglar is prepared, I would think they could probably get into these, or cut the cable within a couple of minutes. They are better than nothing though. If I had the money I would get one of these and mount it in the trunk of my car.

Handgun Safe

Not sure it would fit under a seat, but stronger and more secure than anything else I have seen. Gun would be safe and secure in this

Top Bottom