• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    I came across this local (to Columbus IN) radio station interview of the proprietor of Phoenix Guns in Columbus. While Obummer's redefinition of who is in the gun business could drive profitable business to the FFLs, Mike Hatfield seems to put the interests of gun ownership ahead of business concerns. And he has a quotable line about ISIS and the the Second Amendment:

Local gun dealers react to Obama's gun control plans - Local News Digital

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've made a couple purchases from them. They seemed to be pretty good folks then. Glad to see that they are for sure. I'm excited to give them more future business. Thanks for sharing this story.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That is one of the best summaries I have heard from one of these interviews. The next time I am in Columbus I am going to spend some money at that store.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Ask them what they did to their AR prices immediately after Newtown. I didn't listen to the tape(on a call)...must be honorable due to your responses...but I won't set foot in the place if I don't need to.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Ask them what they did to their AR prices immediately after Newtown. I didn't listen to the tape(on a call)...must be honorable due to your responses...but I won't set foot in the place if I don't need to.

I haven't had any interest in darkening their door for years... Since they used to be on 2nd Street. VERy small selection, prices comparable to Don's, acted like they were doing you a favor just unlocking the door to let you in (during business hours) and no interest in ordering anything they didn't already have. Went in two or three times and never again. Got a coworker that loves the place, was all excited about the deal he got on his new Glock a while back that was 50-75 high, but he knows the owner and he made him a "great deal"...

I go to Bite the Bullet or Acme.

Top Bottom