• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Wanted to get some other opinion on the LMT Piston AR. The model is the CQB MRP Defender model 16 .. I have done some research on these and only heard great things about them.. Other than they don't care for .223 , which is ok I will only shoot 5.56 through it..!! Any thoughts , opinions. !!!!????? Thanks.

Dr. Pretorius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't have any experience with the LMT piston uppers, but I do own a Bushmaster piston upper which is basically the POF system. It functions flawless with any ammo I've throw at it, even Wolf Ammo which typical does not run well in AR's. It's like having a AR-15 with the reliability of a AK-47.

Unfortunately they are very expensive $1,100 just for the upper, but in my opinion well worth it. I took it to the range 4 times before cleaning it just to see if it would malfunction and it never hiccuped. Bushmaster also sells a kit to upgrade standard AR's to gas piston, but it is not the same POF system and from what I've heard is not a good choice.

I thought you would enjoy hearing someone's experiences with a gas piston system even if it's not the one your interested in, because they all serve the same purpose. I had several people tell me that the Piston AR's are less accurate or that they have more recoil. I will say it feels slightly different than firing a Direct Impingement AR, but recoil and accuracy is not affected. I've shot it right along side my buddy's Colt and it shoots just as good.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I have shot and owned ARs before , just not a piston or a LMT. I knew that the LMTS were good . I just didn't know to what level...!! Pretty sure I'll be getting one in the next couple days..!!!!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I had one of these on order for a while, at the time they were backordered about 9 months. I ended up just settling for an MRP that was not the piston upper. Its really a great gun. You'll like it I'm sure.

Although I do wish they made the piston upper with a rifle length rail. You'll have to post some pics when you get it.

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    I have a piston mrp and a pof piston ar and the lmt is much smoother it doesnt jerk like the pof does its much more like shooting a gas ar. you will love it there is nothing better out there

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I will try and post pics soon..!!!

4160470626_89a9b0b94b_o.jpg

:D

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    ok ,, i tried to post apic but it didn't work..??? Guess i was doing it wrong.. So how do i do it..??? I read instruct. but didn't help..:dunno::ugh:

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Still can't figure out how to put up pics.. But that's it in my avatar, along with the ZT 0301 I got for Christmas...!!! I keep trying on the pics..!!

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Generically speaking:

Upload photos to a site like Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

Copy the address of the photo. (Flickr will show you the address when you click on the "all sizes" option)

Click on the
    insertimage.gif
    image at the top of the reply window.

Paste the address of the photo.

Receive much praise on an awesome AR!

Top Bottom