• ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Yesterday I drove about two hours to pick up a piece I have been looking for. I had several texts and two phone conversations with this person since Friday. He set the time and location.

He stood me up. No text, no phone call. While waiting on him I tried to text and call him, no answer.

This was NOT an INGO member.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Yesterday I drove about two hours to pick up a piece I have been looking for. I had several texts and two phone conversations with this person since Friday. He set the time and location.

He stood me up. No text, no phone call. While waiting on him I tried to text and call him, no answer.

What kind of parts you needing.. you can pm if you dont want it public

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Sucks to hear it, OP. We've all been there, unfortunately. People suck but it could always be worse, and karma will catch up to that bag of :poop: at some point.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You have learned something valuable, and knowing what you know now you likely would not even want to pursue a deal with this person. If it had to come of the rails, it did so in the least harmful way possible for you, so there is that

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Happened to me on Monday.. ohhh I want it and can’t wait to get it.. must have been so excited they forgot.. so on and so forth. Unfortunately just part of it. I don’t condone it but also can’t do anything about it.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

Armslist?
    Did you talk/text with this person to confirm before you left for the meetup?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I recently had my first bad experience from an INGO member, was selling a non firearm, drove to the meet, person didn't want it/wasn't what they wanted....I was disappointed, but luckily didn't have to drive far. OP stick with INGO, 99% of the time it works out!!

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

This is why I dumped armslist a long time ago. Strictly INGO or LGS.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Should we set up a Sticky Thread that contains the "List of Shame?"
    EG: Names of people (non-INGO) we should never trust or do business with?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Found a buyer to pay more.
    Almost certainly. In a red hot market like this, every seller has dozens of emails within minutes of their listing, and it's easy and tempting to screw someone over and take a higher offer, sooner.

Where I come from, we follow through on a done deal even if a better one presents itself in the intervening time, but I guess thems old folks values. :rolleyes:

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Found a buyer to pay more.
    Absolutely....can also work both ways when selling.
    Had a guy who would call me every few hours telling me he was on his way, should be there within the hour. Did this 3-4 times as the day went into evening.
    Long story short, in the meantime the guy was hitting other sellers looking for the “best buy/price” stringing me along.
    Last call that night,...he sez he’s minutes from me (8 o’clock that evening),..... I told him that the item sold n was gone.
    Two can play that game too.

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    Never had it happen with a gun I was selling, but people do it quite frequently on Craigslist, and I have been stood-up quite a few times.

The only time I take a higher offer is if the person I started dealing with fell through or was a no show.

Top Bottom