• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can someone explain something to me....I was SENT a PM from a member, so I took the time to type out a nice long response only to discover AFTER typing it that my post count wasn't high enough to send PM's to anyone but what appear to be the forum mods. Really??? Totally counterproductive to building contacts and developing networks when it makes me look like I'm ignoring a PM.

Soooo, I send a message to the "contact us" tab who I assumed was the sight owner. No response.

Then later that afternoon I sent a PM to Fenway, as directed in the admonishment about my post count being too low when I attempted to respond to a PM. No response.

Well, I'm a big boy and like I have done, and have seen done, on the myriad of other forums I belong to...I posted a open forum call out to the member I wasn't allowed to PM to. Something to the affect of
    "......You PM'd me about some advice on a p220, my post count is too low to respond....send me your offline contact info and I'll be happy to give you some feedback...."

Well, I get on the forum tonight to find my post DELETED. No response from Fenway and no response from perhaps another mod that deleted it. Nice. Good job. I understand rules, but how about some level of professionalism....first I'm denied the ability to respond to PM's (making me look like a jerk) then my post is deleted without so much as comment by the sniper mod who is a keyboard ninja. The argument that the mod was too busy doesn't work....if he/she was able to find my post and then action on it, he/she could have taken the additional step to brief me about it.

Rant over.

A still frustrated-Rolo

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Can someone explain something to me....I was SENT a PM from a member, so I took the time to type out a nice long response only to discover AFTER typing it that my post count wasn't high enough to send PM's to anyone but what appear to be the forum mods. Really??? Totally counterproductive to building contacts and developing networks when it makes me look like I'm ignoring a PM.

The rule is in place to keep unvetted folks from circumventing the rules and participating in the Classifieds.

Soooo, I send a message to the "contact us" tab who I assumed was the sight owner. No response.

This is the text that appears on the "Contact Us" form:

NOTICE

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FOR FORUM SUPPORT QUESTIONS. SUPPORT QUESTIONS MUST BE POSTED IN THE SUPPORT FORUM. SERIOUSLY. SUPPORT QUESTIONS SUBMITTED HERE WILL BE IGNORED OR LAUGHED AT. PROBABLY BOTH.

Then later that afternoon I sent a PM to Fenway, as directed in the admonishment about my post count being too low when I attempted to respond to a PM. No response.

This is the text that appears in Fenway's signature line:

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

Well, I'm a big boy and like I have done, and have seen done, on the myriad of other forums I belong to...I posted a open forum call out to the member I wasn't allowed to PM to. Something to the affect of
    "......You PM'd me about some advice on a p220, my post count is too low to respond....send me your offline contact info and I'll be happy to give you some feedback...."

We don't allow open forum "call outs". We have PMs for that, and you didn't yet have enough posts to PM.

Well, I get on the forum tonight to find my post DELETED. No response from Fenway and no response from perhaps another mod that deleted it. Nice. Good job.

Threads/posts like that that are clearly outside the site rules are removed.

I understand rules,

I'm thinking you probably don't. . . .

my post is deleted without so much as comment by the sniper mod who is a keyboard ninja. The argument that the mod was too busy doesn't work....if he/she was able to find my post and then action on it, he/she could have taken the additional step to brief me about it.

If you had any idea how many posts we comb through on any given day you wouldn't think that. Even with 10 of us we don't have time to write lengthy PMs explaining why your post was removed. If it was removed, you know that it was in violation of the rules. We presented the rules when you signed up and we're not going to come to your house with a bundt cake and sit down at the kitchen table to discuss them in detail.

Your classifying of the Staff here as "keyboard ninjas" isn't the way you want to start things off. INGO has lots it can offer you, but we don't put in hours and hours of work here to be insulted.

I would recommend you take 5 and read the INGO FAQ.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom