• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I'm looking to trade a couple guns in for one of those scary and ptsd inducing AR-15s. I was wondering if the LGS's on the west or south side of Indy give pretty fair trade pricing. Does anyone have any decent recommendations or experiences with trading in at the local shops? I'm not looking for anyone to pin one shop against the other, just honest opinions.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    you won't get anywhere close to what you probably expect to get if you trade at a shop. Your best bet is to sell them privately then buy what you want.

so....whatcha got? :popcorn:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have been fortunate in my dealings with LGS, I suppose. I have "straight traded" or traded with very little cash outlay on several occasions. Know what your gun is realistically worth and find something that catches your fancy in the USED case. Make a reasonable enquiry and you may be surprised.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Get your 50 posts here and sell or trade with a private party.

I kinda figured that would probably end up being the popular response. I've never done a trade/sold/bought privately, sincentives i'm inexperienced at it i wouldn't know what to do. I'mean completely open to it though.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    you won't get anywhere close to what you probably expect to get if you trade at a shop. Your best bet is to sell them privately then buy what you want.

so....whatcha got? :popcorn:

I have a Sig P320 .45 with maybe 200-250 rounds through it and a Stevens 12ga with about 50 rounds fired. The Sig is just sitting in its case and not really getting out much.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I would expect the Stevens to have very little trade value. The Sig would be better, but I imagine you'd do much better by selling it outright.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I wouldn't think the Stevens has much value...i'my indifferent on getting rid of it, I was throwing it in so maybe I wouldn't have to dish out as much cash.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    The store owner is going to sell it for the going used price, and is going to try to get as close to doubling his/her money as possible. Bottom line, you'll get 50-60% of what they're worth. Makes more sense to get your posts, or cough up $20, and price them reasonably here.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Bob at Plainfield Shooting Supply treated me fairly a few years ago on a Sig 556 for Bushmaster ACR trade.... YMMV.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    i'm inexperienced at it i wouldn't know what to do. I'mean completely open to it though.

Post ad. Read the rules so you know what's required, but basically pictures/price/location.

Arrange sale/trade.

Meet.

Exchange gun for money or other gun.

Leave.

Buy me a cheeseburger.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Like others have said, get your post count up and trade/sell privately. never had a bad experience with the folks here but maybe ive just been lucky. You can also check peoples profile for positive or negative feedback scores.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Okay, now you got me,,so five guys tomorrow for dinner.... But I also have to make my purchase from one of our esteemed INGO members, on a couple magazines from the classifieds.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    On trades, don't forget about sales tax savings. I've found the more expensive the gun, easier it is to trade & not take a beating. I normally try & sell first, but have traded frequently. My favorite LGS offers MUCH better trades than a couple others.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    You also have the armslist option. I kust did a trade sunday. Just be smart. Well lit place, back up is best. I ask to see driver license and ltch and have them sign a bos

Top Bottom