• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Going to be getting my first AR as soon as taxes get figured out. Im a lefty. Ill most likely just get a standard rifle and not worry about it, as ive read it doesnt really pose many problems to most lefty shooters. Going to shoot a friends rifle tomorrow though to see how it feels to me.

Anyway, Ive seen the Stag lefty rifles. Theres a local store that actually has one in stock for a decent price. I want to know, if i do decide to get a lefty, am I going to run into an issue finding parts or getting accessories to fit right? I already know the Magpul B.A.D. lever will not work due to issues clearing the dust cover. Any other issues I should be aware of?

Also, me and a buddy have been looking at the Slide Fire stocks. I know the stock itself has to be ordered based on which hand you use, but will it have any issues working on a left hand rifle?

Thanks in advance! This place has been extremely helpful for me even since I was looking at purchasing my first firearm a little over a year ago

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I should also mention im currently decided between the lefty Stag and a Spikes Tactical St-15 (just cant decide between carbine and middy...only $10 more for the middy, should I just get it?)

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The slide fire stock should work fine. Bolt and BCG are different so you will be stuck getting them from Stag. I heard RRA is also going to have a lefty AR soon.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Left-handed with a right-handed AR. Doesn't present a problem to me since I've used a right handed AR in the military, law enforcement and now. I'm so used to the controls that when I handled a left-handed Stag rifle, it threw me completely out of wack. It was a nice gun, but not what I'm used to. If you have a problem with cases in the face, you can get a snap-on deflector that puts the cases in a neat pile on the ground. As the previous poster noted, the left-hand Rock River is now available.

sant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    I shoot lefty. I would go standard. It's really not that any more difficult and you can pick up anyone's ar and go for it. Check out a Larry Vickers vid.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I had a lefty Rem. 1100 12GA. I thought it would be great, but I couldn't get use to shells ejecting on that side. It wasn't "natural" if you can understand that. Not to mention it was pricey and nobody right handed ever wanted to shoot it.

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    I'm left handed and I've been shooting right handed in the military for a few years now, kinda got used to the rounds ejecting in my face. Not sure if I would even know what to do with a left handed model, but would definitely give it a shot.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    nobody right handed ever wanted to shoot it.

That could be a benefit! :D

Looks like Ill be going with the Spikes most likely. Now just gotta find a store within decent driving distance that can get em and for a decent price. Already asked Bradis if theyve got any that havent been claimed since they said theyve got a few coming in. Was hoping to find someone closer to Ft. Wayne though if I could, but if not, ive heard (read) a lot of good about Bradis, so id be willing to drive down and check em out

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    It might pose a harder time selling it if you ever want/need to. I'd go for the carbine length model. Especially since you will be bump firing the rifle, the carbine lengh gas tube pumps a bit more gas back to cycle the gun. Im not sure how much more, but enough that you can feel the difference.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Forgot about this thread. After shooting a friends standard ar i was confident it wouldnt be a problem. Ended up buying a standard PSA M4 style AR15

Top Bottom