• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augustine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    South Bend
    I had been looking for a summer carry gun and after hours of reading reviews, I decided upon the Ruger LCP (.380 ACP). My mother had one of these for awhile, though she eventually sold it and decided to get the LCR.

I picked it up at a store in North Carolina (where I'm from, though I live in South Bend during the school year) for $289 + tax. The guy at the store almost had me sold on the S&W Bodyguard. The bodyguard feels nice in the hand - bigger than the LCP. It comes with an integrated laser sight as well, which isn't really all that appealing to me. I walked around the store a bit, grabbed my iPhone and read some reviews of the Bodyguard. I saw some negative things around the net and considering I've read nothing but good things about the LCP, I ended up with that. I also bought a Desantis pocket holster, a couple of boxes of Mag-tech .380, and Hornaday Critical Defense.

2n01n4l.jpg

Tonight I went to the range near my house and put some rounds down range. I brought my Glock and my Taurus 9mm, but I was really excited to shoot this LCP. The range officer came up to me and told me she carries the LCP every day and loves it. She said that she hates to shoot it, though. I was really glad she had said this because I think it made me get a nice, tight grip before I started shooting.

2ezgspe.jpg

I was shooting at about 8 yards. It still took me awhile to get used to the gun. It's small. Its sights are pretty non-existent. I had the target plenty close because I figured I'm never going to use this gun unless the person is close. Once I got into the swing of it, I thought I shot pretty well.

e1dgzs.jpg

I really love this gun. I'm glad I got it and now that I've shot it, I'm glad I can let the Glock stay home and throw this in my pocket on the hot days.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah. Perfect back pocket gun. I put a little neon green paint just to the rear of and on top of my front sight. My target looked like yours did after the first time I shot it. After the paint, it cut the size of my group in half and I was able to get on target much quicker...

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Love my LCP. Do lots of Dry Fire practice with it and you'll get used to the trigger in no time.
    Grip is important for less pain, grip it like someone's trying to take it from you.
    Over a 1000 rounds through mine and nary a hicup.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Thanks for the report! I've been considering this or the LC9, but I may actually be leaning towards it now. It seems perfect for those moments when, otherwise, you may walk out of the house without a weapon out of convenience.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Cheapest way to break it in is rack the slide 200 times while watching TV. Saves from having to do it by shooting. Fit and finish on the Ruger may be better out of the box than the KelTec. Only thing I would like is the slide catch that the LCP has.

Top Bottom