Please note the built-in bias to this article. The chart says:

"Effect on gun control laws" and then has "weaken" or "strengthen"

It could just as easily said:

"Impact on rights guaranteed by 2nd Amendment" : "restore" or "infringe"

Don't be fooled, the bias is pervasive.

Just a bit...

Look at the cited "source" for the Graphics:

Source: The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
    (Since they are not mentioned, I guess fist violence, stick violence, knife violence, car violence, broken bottle violence, garrote violence, etc. are A-OK :yesway: :rockwoot:with these mental midgets)

...and also look at the nonsense on their About page:

"On July 1, 1993, an assault (sic) weapon rampage :rolleyes: at a law firm at 101 California Street in San Francisco ended with ten people dead..."

I HATE when those mean nasty assault weapons go on rampages all by themselves...don't they know that they are banned in Commiefornia??!?

The obvious solution is to go tell Teacher that them mean 'salt weapons are being a bunch of farty-head Blue Meanies and to ask her to put them in super-duper double-secret Time Out forevers and evers...
    :baby: :crying: :baby: :crying: :baby:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    The bias in the state-run media is pervasive. I am just glad, for now, that we are winning. But as MG77 said, it is a constant battle against the liberal left. And when they are in positions of power, we have to fight that much harder.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the sub title to the article: "Since Newtown Massacre, More States Ease Regulations Than Bolster Them"

Could that be because most people WANT less regulation and not more? That's what the media talking heads just don't seem to grasp. They keep citing polls stating that 90% of Americans want stricter gun control. I suspect that their polling criteria might be slightly skewed. If you only poll people on the UC Berkley campus, then yeah, you might get figures like that. Reality however, does not bear out their claims.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    From the sub title to the article: "Since Newtown Massacre, More States Ease Regulations Than Bolster Them"

Could that be because most people WANT less regulation and not more? That's what the media talking heads just don't seem to grasp. They keep citing polls stating that 90% of Americans want stricter gun control. I suspect that their polling criteria might be slightly skewed. If you only poll people on the UC Berkley campus, then yeah, you might get figures like that. Reality however, does not bear out their claims.

I get tired of hearing that 90% want to infringe on our rights. The founding fathers knew they needed to spell out what rights were to be protected because these things would not always be popular. The first Amendment is not in place to protect the speech that is popular. It was stated to protect the speech that they knew would not be popular, and so the second Amendment goes as well.

What if they ran a poll that said 90% of people did not believe that women should vote, etc... it is just ridiculous that they quote popular opinion polls regarding rights...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I Googled anti-gun organizations. I saw the Brady Campaign, Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, Freedom States Alliance, etc. I couldn't figure out why the other anti-gun organizations weren't listed, i.e. CBS News, ABC News...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    When you're losing, it's time to fight harder in order to get the momentum on your side and turn losing into winning. When you're winning, it's time to fight harder in order to take full advantage of the momentum you have and turn winning into REALLY winning.

Never take it easy on the enemy.

Top Bottom