• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I purchased a new Kimber Super Carry Custom HD in March 2012. I really love the pistol, but there may be an issue with it. I feed 8 - 45ACP bullets in the Kimber pro magazine, and then I try to load the magazine into the magazine well. The full magazine will not lock into place without pressing the bottom of the clip in, applying more pressure than I typically do with my other 1911s. After inserting the magazine, the slide does not want to pull back. So I remove the magazine, remove 1 bullet from the magazine, and it inserts perfectly, and the slide works as it should. I assume the gun is designed for 8 rounds - correct? What could be wrong? A local gunsmith believes the pistol is ok, but maybe the magazine is the problem. What do you think? :dunno:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have 4 tac-pro mags and 3 Kimbers. I'm thinking of trying a Wilson mag. If I like it better will switch over. Most opinions I've heard favor Wilson mags.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Kimber mag problem

I called Wilson Combat when I had a similar problem with a couple of their mags. They told me to "fill er up" and let it sit for a day or two. I did and the problem was history.

If all else fails, call Kimber.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    It's the magazine. Most 8 round 1911 magazines were not originally designed to hold 8 rounds they were designed to only hold 7, so they don't always work. You can either try another one or buy a Wilson Combat mags, a lot of people like those also.

By the way congrats on the gun would love to see some pics of it.

flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I called Wilson Combat when I had a similar problem with a couple of their mags. They told me to "fill er up" and let it sit for a day or two. I did and the problem was history.

If all else fails, call Kimber.

I left ammo in both mags for about two weeks, and it didn't help. I guess I need to call Kimber. Looking at the other posts on this forum makes me think they will help me.

flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I talked with Kimber about the issue. They say it is a common occurrence for the Kimbers to be very tight, and that after the break in period, it should be ok. In fact, they mentioned that since it is tight, it should be very accurate.

So, I'll be out shooting more rounds, to see if it gets better. :rockwoot: Now I got to figure out how to post a picture of it on the forum...

Top Bottom