• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    When field stripping my PF 9 I sometimes have trouble reassembling it. When reassembling I understand that you need to push down on the barrel, lock back the slide, and replace the retention pin. My problem however is that when I try to replace the retention pin, it does not click or anything. It just sits in there not letting me release the slide all the way. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? :dunno:

Thanks for any advice, it is truly appreciated.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Is the spring assembly in place correctly? With the slide locked to the rear, you should be able to push and pull the barrel. Move the barrel to the correct position and insert the pin. When you experience this problem, the barrel is probably not aligned properly with frame and slide.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Yes I can push and pull on the barrel. It looks like it is aligned correctly. It is just that the retention pin is not "clicking" into place.

It's difficult to diagnose without actually seeing it in person, but I don't think it's aligned correctly. I can recreate your problem by pushing the barrel ~.25" farther in then it should be.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Correct. So you can start from the position where you have a problem, and pull the slide out a bit. Then insert the pin once you have a clear path.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Your left hands blocks what I wanted to see. I should have been more specific.

I think you are inserting the pin at the red x instead of the gree arrow. That is the only way I can recreate your problem.

photoxc.jpg

Top Bottom