• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Out of those two I'd rather have the Taurus TCP.

However in that same sort of category there is also the Ruger LCP & S&W Bodyguard, either one of which I'd take over a Taurus TCP.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I will never own another taurus as long as i live. I had one and the only thing it did reliably is jam! Every 4th found CLICK! Like clock work. I sent it back to taurus and when i got it back it was a little better, it jamed once every other mag no matter the ammo i used. Needless to say i no longer own it. Ive shot a friend of mines Keltec PF9 a good deal and its been 100%, I recently purchased the Ruger LC9 (just to be different) and its also been 100%. Just my experiance, yours may differ.

Stryker Action

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    I have sold the Kel-Tec, Taurus, and the Ruger. The Ruger LCP is the only one that nobody complaines about. But if the LCP is out I would get the Taurus.

I even own and use the LCP and wouldn't trade it for the other two.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have two KelTec firearms and I love them both. I have shot at least a dozen other KelTec firearms and have been 100% satisfied with all of them.

Between those two though I would probably pick the TCP. To me it is a little more comfortable to shoot than the p3at and a little easier to hold on to. That is just my opinion though and everyone is different.
    Both will do their job though.

One feature that the TCP has that I like over the others is that it has a slide lock.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Bought a TCP because it felt good in my hand, and it had a slide stop. Had frequent FTEs on all different types of ammo. Sent it back twice, but it was still unreliable, so I traded it. Got the LCP, and it has been very reliable. Have not owned the 3AT. Without a slide stop, it seems like it would be difficult to clear a jam. The 3AT seems like a lot of gun for money, but to me, the extra $40 for the LCP was worth it.

BTW, the price for LCP seems to vary widely. I paid $265 for mine about a year ago. Seems like the current going price is around $275, but I've seen some dealers wanting $330 to $350 - not sure why anyone would pay that much for one.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    The 738 has by far the best trigger of the two. But its grip has sharper corners and edges that make it tend to print in some of my pockets. The P3AT grip is a lot more rounded or "melted". It spends the most time in my pocket.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have the TCP an love it. I like the trigger feel compaired to the Kel-Tec that was what swayed my purchase. Ive put about 200rds through it with no troubles, its a handful alot of recoil not something to use a range toy. But I love knowing its in my back pocket if I need it, I would definitely trust it in a self defense situation.

Top Bottom